• Register Today It's free!

added a thrid row

hdt

Reaction score
City, State
jacksonville,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport tract
i have a 2007 xlt that has a storage bin instead of a thrid row seat. i was told that the storage bin can be removed and a third row can be added. all i have to do is find a seat. what years will work to do this? can this be done?
thanks
hdt
US NAVY.
Jacksonville,Fl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not a bolt in project at all. You almost need a donor truck to get all the parts. Do a search on the forum I think someone has done it (remember seeing it awhile ago). But it would be cheaper to trade in yours for one with a 3rd row.

Definitely not an easy ordeal.

i own too much to trade it in. frpom what i was told i would take to a body shop and they would do the instal. all i would need is the seat and all the hard ware for the seat.

alot of the time the hardware is attached to the frame for a seat. not just body

i have been shopping around the seats sales at a junkyard for 250-300 with all the hardware. then all i have to do is go to a bodyshop. i looked under the storge bin where the seat would go and the holes are there. so it should not be all that hard to do.

Famous last words. It also is the wiring for the electric switches and the rear plastic panels. If you get it done, let everyone know. Nobody I know if has actually done it as of yet.

At least on 3rd gens, the rear panels are completely different, so you might need to get those too

Electric switches?
If anyone does this, I would get the manual seatbacks, not the electric.
I actually don't like my power 3rd row. It takes too long to go up or down, I always forget which switch is which seat, and I'm just waiting for one of the motors to die like everyone else's.

But if you do retrofit, definitely skip the powered units.

the project is on hold until i can find a seat. noone has one down here for sale. will keep everyone updated.

update i found a seat and all the parts i need to change it over out of new york. $800.00 inculdes shipping. if you want to do the change over you will need the saet and everything in the back from the flooring to the plastic peices. and then just put it together. i know it sound easy than done i seen one that was done. all you need is all the peices. i will post pics if i go threw it.
thanks
hdt

So what happened?...

Cue the jeopardy music....
Im waiting to see too...

Back