colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
My mom's civic got totaled, which means a new car! :D
She picked up a 2007 Escape yesterday, so far it looks good other than me having some issues with the dealership.... :mad: (DO NOT buy from Terry Reid Hyundai/Kia)

I was going to hook up the sirius just like in the civic, with a separate "radio" and FM direct connect. But I noticed it has the audiophile system with a "sat" button. So now the question is, how do I hook up the satellite radio with the factory head unit? Is there an aux input in the back of the head unit?
Also, the "seek" button is a darker shade and some of the black is worn off. I'ma take a guess and say it was replaced or theres something wrong with it. Is it worth trying to paint the white spot so it looks decent or should I replace the button?
Thanks!

I dont have a 2007 so I'm not sure exactly what it looks like, but does the escape also have a satelite radio antenna already? I know in my 2010 it comes with satelite functionality stock you just have to subscribe to it in order to activate it.

There's not a sat antenna. I talked to my mom though, and she wants to use the separate radio. That way she can use the remote and not pay Sirius even more.
Thanks though!

Back