Adding to/Extending current sub box? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding to/Extending current sub box?

Slick

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2wd
I've currently got the JL audio HO box with 2 12w3s. What i want to do with the box is extend the sides so that it goes over the wheel wells. Is there anyway to do this? Im sure there is but i'm not good with this kinda stuff. Let me know, thanks! Here is my box but its painted white not red.

Dead Link Removed

Sub box extension

Sure, it can be done. But why? You could build another box to fit the dimensions of your cargo area and mount the existing box inside it. Just need to be careful though on how you mount it inside the box, screws, etc. (you would not want any screws to puncture or split anything). One other big thing to watch out for is the port on your existing box (I think that your box is ported).......you do not want to cover, block or obstruct it in anyway. My sub box is kinda built the same way......a sealed box inside another box that fits the dimensions of the cargo area. I plan on getting rid of the carpet and build panels covered in matching vinyl soon. My system:

http://members.cardomain.com/scotts1

I like your setup, after talking to a local car audio place i sorta changed my mind, because the box would then cover the area where i want to do a custom amp install. I checked out some other options also, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet

Back