Admin Console Swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Admin Console Swap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is an ingenious approach! To be honest, I had never even thought about taking the board out of the housing. Do you have any pictures of the process?
I don’t have any currently, but it would be pretty easy for me to get some. The cover comes off without much trouble

I don’t have any currently, but it would be pretty easy for me to get some. The cover comes off without much trouble
Here are some photos. You can see that i had to trim the cover a bit to not interfere with the module itself, but it is covered up with that felt pad that Ford sends with it - if you bought it from them

IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8681.jpeg

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

How much is it and how can I order it
I got the top panel from Ford, and got the center console unit from a wrecked civilian Explorer. Part number for the top panel is LB5Z-78045A76-GA. It cost me $275. Did the install myself.

I got the top panel from Ford, and got the center console unit from a wrecked civilian Explorer. Part number for the top panel is LB5Z-78045A76-GA. It cost me $275. Did the install myself.
Thank you so much

Back