Adrenalin V8 - Why so many for sale that were built for Canada? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adrenalin V8 - Why so many for sale that were built for Canada?

hybridamp

Reaction score
City, State
KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ridgeline RTL
Hey guys!

I'm trying to find a low-mileage 2009-2010 Adrenalin to purchase with the V8 engine and it seems that all I can find available for sale near me currently appear to have been built for the Canadian market, then recently imported back to the U.S. for resale (which I noticed when I started checking the vehicle's history reports)...?

I see plenty of the V6 Adrenalin available that were built for the U.S. market so I'm confused...

Does it even matter which market it was originally built for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Canadian ones come with DRL's the US ones don't.
That's the only difference.
A good condition one here in MN that's a 2009-2010 can sell for as much as $25,000 due to limited availability.
Also, a true adrenalin only comes in the 4.6 V8, leather Interior, chrome dual tip exhaust, chrome front grille.
People try to fool others by putting an "Adrenalin" badge on it.

Adrenalins can be equipped with the 4.0L six or 4.6L eight, rear or all wheel drive, black front grill - not chrome. Tough to find in the lower 48 in good, low mileage condition, but seems like there is always one or two listed on eBay.

Didn't realize they could be in 4.0 or 4.6.... and thought chrome was the only choice for the grille.
Sorry for the mistake.

So they did make the Adrenalin with V8 built for the U.S. market?

Cool, love it? haha, having a hard time deciding between the V8 or V6... Really just want the most reliable engine of the two.

I do enjoy my STA. Looks good and even fits in my garage. Not like that is important...it was only 115F in the shade here last week. Bare legs from shorts help cool leather seats pretty quick, right?

Skip the 2007 model and look for a 2008~2010.

My 2010 STA 4.6 V8 has been very reliable...though it can also depend on how you will or how the previous owner took care of it too. Since they don't make them anymore...well, you decide if that is important for you.

I have heard V6 owners wishing they had a V8, but I have not heard a V8 owner wish they had the V6.

The only regret...it didn't come with a factory SVT supercharger...but then that is what aftermarket is for I guess.

Heated seats weren't available on the 2008 Adrenalin. So if heated seats are a must-have option, look for a 2009-2010 model

Handy! thanks for the link

Heated seats weren't available on the 2008 Adrenalin. So if heated seats are a must-have option, look for a 2009-2010 model

Adding heated seats and or Nav is fairly easy, heated seats at the most would cost you a few hundred and look as good as factory, adding body panels and new front ends and or other items to make a V8 limited look like an Adrenalin is a royal pain in the aspenite for sure. I have have seen some great limited's for 18k and only have 10k miles on it, I was considering a front end and corner panel swap and then decided forget it, repainting is never as good as factory. Good luck...

Isn't there some other differences with the underneath body work, not just the external parts? I was thinking quarter panels maybe.

No differences underneath. The Adrenalin option is merely a cosmetic package: Front bumper cover, grille, front fenders, lower side cladding, rear bumper cover, and rims. That's about it.

No differences underneath. The Adrenalin option is merely a cosmetic package: Front bumper cover, grille, front fenders, lower side cladding, rear bumper cover, and rims. That's about it.
Excellent, because they are great looking trucks.

I'd make one if the other options were better, as mentioned find a nice truck with the features you want, mileage etc, and do the rest yourself.

I'm seriously considering a 2010 Adrenalin with V6 and 45k miles, then adding factory nav to it later since it only has the CD option... I would rather have a V8, but all the V8 near me are Canadian imported vehicles and I don't think I want a vehicle not built originally for the U.S. market.

I'm seriously considering a 2010 Adrenalin with V6 and 45k miles, then adding factory nav to it later since it only has the CD option... I would rather have a V8, but all the V8 near me are Canadian imported vehicles and I don't think I want a vehicle not built originally for the U.S. market.
I have a 2008 Explorer Sport Trac Limited With the V8, the Sync system, and heated seats. It was a one owner Canadian vehicle. Great truck. No Nav system, but I have had and used factory GPS, Tom Tom, and Garmin over the last 25 years both in Europe, the US and Mexico. Garmin is the best hands down. Factory systems and updates are outrageously expensive and if it fails buy a new one for big bucks. Tom Tom has poor customer assistance and updates are hard to get. The Garmin can be purchase directly from with lifetime maps for less than 150 bucks with a 2 year extended warranty. Garmin updates are a snap plug the unit into a computer and Garmin Express knows that you have lifetime maps and you can upload them to your unit. However all GPS system have a learning curve and you have to figure how to use each one, I mute the driving guidance, I can read the screen and if I take a different route or short cut I don't have to listen to a voice telling to turn around.

Rbillsmith,

Totally agree the map upgrades for the OEM Navs ($150~$200 each time) is a definite gouge...however I do enjoy the OEM look with the cameras on the front back and passenger side with the Lockpick...and now you can even use it with your Android phone!

https://www.coastaletech.com/syncair.htm

Rbillsmith,

Totally agree the map upgrades for the OEM Navs ($150~$200 each time) is a definite gouge...however I do enjoy the OEM look with the cameras on the front back and passenger side with the Lockpick...and now you can even use it with your Android phone!

https://www.coastaletech.com/syncair.htm

I would love to see this working again as I plan to do the same and wanted to know the steps and how it looks, I'm going after a STA with Nav and thus trying to pre-mod for greater functionalities. Thanks

:pics:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you end up purchasing the silver STA ingenuitor?

Back