• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar rotors.

Charlie Martin

Reaction score
City, State
Quaker Hill,Ct.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Aerostar
Can anyone tell me why they have seperate rotors for left and right front sides on my 94 AWD aerostar? I can't see any markings on old rotors to tell the difference.Also at Autozone one is twice the price of the other I think it's the left one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the Aerostar section. Could you post links for those rotors? The wheel studs are different for the 2WD rotors than for the E-4WD rotors just in case you decide to replace the wheel studs. WWW.RockAuto.Com should have a better price than Autozone. We have a 5% off discount code in the vendor's section for Rock Auto.

Rotor application difference:

Charlie Martin;
SURE, L&R AWD Aerostar Rotors are different because if they were same 1 would rotate "Backwards" as far as turbine effect of air cooling your rotors goes , which is why they have turbine style impellers between inner & outer faces of rotor in the 1st place.
This design contriubtes to superior braking ability over a longer service life of rotors themselves as opposed to monolithic 2wd rotor & hub assemblies.
I am considering a photo essay on upgrading all non AWD aeros to AWD style front brakes set ups. We'll see how that works out here soon.

CIAO

FBp

are they interchangeable ?

Just picked up a 97 Aerostar RWD 4L EXT .... am about to redo the front brakes... pads, rotors, and calipers (one is sticking badly) ....

So..... can I put on AWD parts ? or must I stick with RWD parts ?

Why/how are the studs different ?

Ron ....

Many thanks for the prompt reply

Brooklyn

Ok.... studs are longer.... now... can I just order some new studs.... the AWD/4WD rotors, calipers, pads and install them ..... or is there something else that needs changing ?

ron

Pete swapped everything over, so it might be better to send him a PM or an email to get more information. All of my Aerostars are RWD only. I don't have any parts for a 4WD version to compare or take measurements.

Back