aftermarket radio install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket radio install

Radio

Ok, got the wiring harness today. Put the radio in. Everything seems to be fine. The TV isnt working correctly. I think It needs an antenna. I cant get it to change channels. Or its changing and just not picking up. Im not familar with this kind of radio. So Im probably just not doing something right. The wiring harness was pretty simple. I have a few issues. Subwoofer isnt working. I dont think at least. I havent had too much time today to play with it yet. I get to it this weekend. I want to say thanks to you guys for the help. I was probably pretty aggrevating. Sorry. But thanks for the help.

hi guys my name is shane im new to this site i just bought a 02 explorer xls and i put a after market sony head unit in with the wiring harness ...my harness only came with one plug and there are two coming out of the dash from the old radio one only has two wires and i dont know what they are for.. also when i hooked up my harness and wired everything together i seem to have lost my tail lights and dash lights...found a blown fused changed it out and that didnt solve it...put the stock stereo in and that didnt solve it either...i dunno what to do ..if anyone has had this problem or has some type of solution that would be wonderful thanks

Ok, got the wiring harness today. Put the radio in. Everything seems to be fine. The TV isnt working correctly. I think It needs an antenna. I cant get it to change channels. Or its changing and just not picking up. Im not familar with this kind of radio. So Im probably just not doing something right. The wiring harness was pretty simple. I have a few issues. Subwoofer isnt working. I dont think at least. I havent had too much time today to play with it yet. I get to it this weekend. I want to say thanks to you guys for the help. I was probably pretty aggrevating. Sorry. But thanks for the help.

When you ordered the harness did you tell them you had the factory amp? There is another harness you need to buy that has rca jack to hook up that will let you retain the sub and amp.

Back