• Register Today It's free!

Airbag light flashing

jweb1369

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
I have a 99 sport. When I turn it on the airbag light comes on, (I'm assuming that's what it is) the light with the person in the seat and the circle infront of it. It flashes 3 times, then 7, then 3, then 7. Not sure how many times it does it, but it does it for a bit then it stays lit. It happened after I vacuumed the truck out. I went to go pull it around the block to wash it, then noticed the light was on.

I tried looking for any posts, but couldn't find much. Does anyone know what this is from, and/or how to fix it? Any info would be great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure that you didn't unplug the wire connector, or break a wire underneath either of the front seats when you were vacuuming.

Underneath the passenger seat should be a wire with a yellow plug on the end with a yellow plastic piece attached to the plug. Unplug the wire and plug it back in. It's a resistor that, when the connection is bad, causes this, and will cause the airbag light to do that. I've had this happen a couple of times on my 99 Mountaineer, and, since it happened right after vacuuming, I'll bet that's it.

Ah that was exactly it. It feels like the connection is really loose. All I did was jiggle it and it fixed the problem.

As Lube has stated, check the connections. CODE 37 is the passenger side, look under the seat for a wiring harness with a yellow resistor cap. Check that. And check the connections at the module located at the passenger side foot space (behind a plastic trim on the side IIRC).

Back