• Register Today It's free!

amp / sub

FordExplorer2002

Reaction score
City, State
Plattsburgh NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
now i know this is dumb question but ive only had this explorer for a week now lol. i heard from alot of people that they have stock amps and subs in them, is this true? and if so where are they located? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

factory sub and amp...

...is a factory option. not all Explorers have them. Im not sure where the amps are located but as far as the subs, one place i know about is the little cubbie space on the passenger side in the cargo area.

yea thats what i thought not sure if this one has it lol so was just trying to figure out where they were so i can look if it dosnt have em im gonna out some in thanks

yea thats what i thought not sure if this one has it lol so was just trying to figure out where they were so i can look if it dosnt have em im gonna out some in thanks

its in the trunk on the right side. theres a little perforated portion of the panel which is the speaker grille. inside would be a black piece that both the sub and amp are mounted to.

Its real easy to tell if you have a sub. Play the stereo and sit in the 3rd row seat.....if you hear a horrible sound....you have one.

Back