Another OHV M90 build | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another OHV M90 build

2000 OHV + rpcaster + henson performance = another supercharged 4.0 ohv Explorer

I have goodies from James already (New MAF, 36lb injectors, wideband O2 for tuning)

Here's what came from Ron (Also a fuel pressure gauge and boost/vacuum gauge)

Attachments

• rpcaster.jpg
    rpcaster.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,586

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats all most the same color im having mine done in except im only doing the snout in blue and the case in gunmetal or the other way around,all blue is too much for me.i was going to have turtle powder coat mine but 3800 wont ship it not assembled and it i take it apart to coat he said it would void warranty,plus i didnt want to risk messing anything up

I agree that if I were to use blue for everything it would be overwhelming. My plan is to polish the rotorpack middle plate, then the upper and lower intake manifolds will probably receive a black gloss powdercoat to offset the color a bit.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I agree that if I were to use blue for everything it would be overwhelming. My plan is to polish the rotorpack middle plate, then the upper and lower intake manifolds will probably receive a black gloss powdercoat to offset the color a bit.

right on.yea i have alot of blue under there now so it would just be to much for me.looks real good though,wish i could have got turdle to do mine:mad:

Hey! Quit posting your great work in my thread you guys......Your making me look bad. ;)

Seriously, awesome work.

I see my new throttle body has finally cleared customs. I should have it next week. The Throttle body sat in customs for a week. Nothing moves fast.

except you once you install your m90 :D

Did some more work yesterday.

My new throttle body showed up.
Wasn't straight forward attaching the tb spacer to the blower inlet assembly.
I had to offset the spacer, and then hog out the inlet to make the air hole match. There was lots of room in the inlet assembly as the casting assembly walls are fairly thick. While I was at it, I cleaned up the end of the assembly just before the blower. Here's some pics.

I need to pop a hole in the firewall and get the gauges sorted out. Also, its time to figure out my throttle/cruise control cable mount for the mustang tb.

baby steps.

Attachments

• Blower and tb.jpg
    Blower and tb.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 510
  • TB Spacer installed.jpg
    TB Spacer installed.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 433
  • inlet to blower.jpg
    inlet to blower.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 459

Looks good on there thats for sure.that was the 70 mm right?

Yup, 70mm

Im faced with a bit of a dilemma. Oil's seeping out of my m90. I cant tell from where. Its either going to be around the outside seam, or from where the bearings are pressed in, of course.

When I leave the blower for a few days there is a bit of oil on the table underneath the blower. So, Do I do the whole thing with a rebuild kit, or just break the snout seal, and try resealing?

What kind of oil can I use in the snout?

Im faced with a bit of a dilemma. Oil's seeping out of my m90. I cant tell from where. Its either going to be around the outside seam, or from where the bearings are pressed in, of course.

When I leave the blower for a few days there is a bit of oil on the table underneath the blower. So, Do I do the whole thing with a rebuild kit, or just break the snout seal, and try resealing?

What kind of oil can I use in the snout?

Do you have a press? For the bearings or for the pulley? Or is your pulley not pressed on? That oil STINKS!!ive read to only use eaton oe oilthe tb cable should be pretty easy,just a simple bracket off the side of the tb should work

I guess I'd have to take it to a machine shop to press the bearing on(And old one off), if a press is required. I will need a pully puller to get the pulley off. The pulley nut comes off easily, but a puller will be required to get the pulley off.

Do you have a press on "PULLEY"? not bearings,pulley?

Do you have a press on "PULLEY"? not bearings,pulley?

hahahaha.........Yes, I think its pressed on. I remove a nut in front of the pulley, but the pulley won't just come off. I'll need a puller. I'm not sure if the pulley will need to be pressed back on.

hahahaha.........Yes, I think its pressed on. I remove a nut in front of the pulley, but the pulley won't just come off. I'll need a puller. I'm not sure if the pulley will need to be pressed back on.

Haha yea its probably a press on.ive seen youtube vid of people doing it with a press but read it can damage the pulley or bearings when using a press.a special puleey is used to take it off and put it back on.also something i never heard rocket warn you about is those blades are synchronize and need to be kept together or put back in the same way,so if you pull the unit apart dont separate them.

Yes, on pulling the screws out, thats my concern. Im certain that if I manage to separate the screws (Gear even) I just made a boat anchor out of the blower.

I just purchased the rebuild kit. So, I'll be doing some minor porting and polishing tot he m90 now. Nothing like Rocket, as I don't have the experience. I will smooth out the casting, and remove those two bolt castings to make that exit hole a bit larger.

Yes, on pulling the screws out, thats my concern. Im certain that if I manage to separate the screws (Gear even) I just made a boat anchor out of the blower.

I just purchased the rebuild kit. So, I'll be doing some minor porting and polishing tot he m90 now. Nothing like Rocket, as I don't have the experience. I will smooth out the casting, and remove those two bolt castings to make that exit hole a bit larger.

Hhaa i saw this coming;) think its a good idea,i would never stick something used on my motor especially something like a charger that at the least dont have new bearing and oil and you might as well clean it up and port it a little;)ps my charger should be back in 3weeks;)

Ya, the guy I bought it from said he had just changed the oil. It still might need the oil seal though. Either that, or there wasn't enough sealant put on when the snout was attached. Either way, I now have another project withing the big project.

Weathers getting nice, so I'm quite happy to be in the garage as time permits. Maybe tonight I can start pulling the M90 apart

Ya, the guy I bought it from said he had just changed the oil. It still might need the oil seal though. Either that, or there wasn't enough sealant put on when the snout was attached. Either way, I now have another project withing the big project.

Weathers getting nice, so I'm quite happy to be in the garage as time permits. Maybe tonight I can start pulling the M90 apart

Yep been in the 70* here;) went on a shopping spree and finally got back in the shop.i got tired of paying and waiting on people so.i picked up a new mig welder, nice new tig welder, hydraulic tube benders,metal chop saw,new drill press and some minor other metal working tools.ive got more tools than shop room now:(

Nice! That's awesome. I'd love to learn how to weld, and what welders are best to use in different situations. A mig welder sounds like its the most versatile. Easy also, a 220v plug and your good to go.

I'll be interested in how you make out with the tube bender. That will definitely take care of your issue with making the right angled bends coming off your M90. You should be able to make a perfect fit now.

Back