Any indication something wrong with the water pump | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any indication something wrong with the water pump

anytime i top up my 2017 coolant to the max level (when cold), over time of weeks, months later it gets to the min level and stays there.
I did have a very faint smell hot coolant on few times but thought that was normal.
My suspicion is that part of it evaporated since I had some white spots around the cap.

fast forward,
I did found my rad cap was busted and had the swueezed upper radiator hose. Changed radiator cap last week. Will see how it goes from here.

Just an update for those that may be experiencing similar fluctuations in coolant level.
After 48 hours from topping up a quart of coolant bringing it between min/max, I observed that the level would be slightly above max when the engine is hot and slightly below low when cold.

I will top it up a little bit more to get it between min/max and see if it drops below min again, as that would be a concern of a possible leak,

*1 week update*
It appears everything is back to normal, as the fluid level has been within min/max when cold and slightly above max when hot.
In total, I topped up 1.5qt.

Back