• Register Today It's free!

any one fit a 4" block yet

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
is anybody running a 4 inch block, if so did you use shims or an angled block, i know i couldn't do it when the 17s were on the truck but now with the 20s it might just fit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's gonna put the axle right up against the bumpstop. Even with bumpstop trimming you will only have about 3/4" of travel. That is a decision that you will need to make. Definately get an angled block if you decide to do it.

3" on my ride is rough enough, if youre gonna go to 4" you may want to C-notch the frame. Ive got a 3" drop with 17" wheels with low profile tires, and it looks like my fuel tank is about to hit the ground! (of course, thats what I wanted it to look like ;) ).

From what i remember, with the bumpstop cut down to nothing, it is only a half inch away from the bumpstop. If you're serious and actually want to drive the thing every day you will have to mini-notch it.

well i have 3 in there now with no bump stops, and i dont drive the truck very much anymore so i dont care about the ride, alough a notch is in the plans i dont think itll happen any time soon,

Back