any updates on lowering our explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any updates on lowering our explorer?

deuce07

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 xlt v8 ironman
wanted to start a new thread to see if anyone figured out how to lower their X and how much.

I'm looking to lower my ex by 1.5 inches to 2 inches. possible?

my good friend told me i should look into having my clamped then heated (instead of cutting it) would that work? safe? is there any springs i could just buy in replacement that would be better in lowering?

let me know guys. mahalos.

(please not air bags, we all know thats a way)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is at least one member who had custom springs made, for I believe a 1-1.5" drop. I don't think you can go 2"+ without notching the frame since the axles run through it.

I forget who it was that had the springs made / where they were made. Perhaps a search will yield that information for you. Might be interesting if a few members were interested if they could make a batch of them at a discounted price (1-off was $500-600 iirc). For the right price I might be interested in a 1-1.5" drop.

Check out my post in modifide 2006 + newer explorer "new mods to our 06' explorer", or check w/ mike at "eaton detroit spring" (detroit), i got a online quote on drop springs for $190 a pr. I have not looked into it any more sence then, but for around $400 it sounds reasonable enough.

thanks for the update thunderace. i'm somewhat worried that they would send me springs where they haven't even test it on a ford explorer to make sure its safe and all... does that make sense?

Check out my post in modifide 2006 + newer explorer "new mods to our 06' explorer", or check w/ mike at "eaton detroit spring" (detroit), i got a online quote on drop springs for $190 a pr. I have not looked into it any more sence then, but for around $400 it sounds reasonable enough.

i contact eaton detroit, they said they dont have loweirng springs, just the stock

I have the same issue. I would like a 1.5" drop on my 2008 Sport Trac but not having any luck. I also would like a cold air intake for it but no one makes one for a V-6 Sport Trac, Explorer, or Mountaineer.

39389411008_large.jpg

A Good Friend/Fabricator Of Mine Cute My Struts And Rewelded them And Aligned My Rims For Me; [24" Devino Rims]

Eaton Detroit just finished up on the final product for lowering springs for the X... 1.25" drop for 189.99 a set.

i emailed the company, its 189 per PAIR. so 400 for a set, then theres shipping. :'(

We, EATON Detroit Spring, have lowered coils for the 2004 to 2007 Explorers.

Part number MC7908-112 will lower the front of the 2004 thru 2007 1.5 inches form stock.

Part number MC8527-112 will lower the rear of the 2006 and 2007 1.5 inches from stock.

Part number MC3341-112 will lower the rear of the 2004 and 2005 1.5 inches from stock.

All part numbers are 189.95 per pair plus shipping. - Mike

How much would he charge for a set ? I have an 08 explorer and I can't find any suspension components to drop it smh
He hasn’t been online in 12 years. Don’t let anyone cut or heat your springs. If you can’t afford the lowering springs, you can’t afford to lower your truck.

Save the world from the evil cut springs!

Lots of folks have cut their springs. Sure, they ride rough as **** and will bottom out and probably cause the struts to blow out it start leaking...

Keep in mind, any time you alter a vehicle's ride height, you WILL need an alignment. Figure if it's got some miles, you're gonna need ball joints, tie rod ends, and struts too.

But to listen to the financial guru there...he's....sorta not wrong.

Back