Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap?

I didn’t disconnect any wires when doing the Dakota just spliced them in. What wire am I looking for with the Pcm? Dakota went to gray black at the firewall connected under my engine bay fuse block. Then the other wire is up in the abs plug. This doesn’t mean that I didn’t disconnect whatever wire your talking about in previous attempts with the other abs module in place. If you can get me a PIN number in what connector and color maybe I can trace back through the harness.

It was diet and lifestyle for the last 25 years. Sodas cigarettes and mcy ds. It’s amazing I’m 6’ and only 200lbs. Lol. Stented up and I’m good to go. It was mild so i didn’t suffer much damage. Happened almost two months ago and I’ve dropped 20 pounds just in diet alone. I’ve always been very active. Even just got an 84 F150 the other day. So I can stay busy lol

So I went out and clipped pin 14 from the abs module. I spliced the truck said of that to the Dakota digital wire that was on my firewall connector don’t remember PIN number. Probably didn’t have to do that but now everything works. I have abs, cruise control works and no Po500 cel. I thinknleaving pin 19 connected at the abs was the route of the problem. So when you try it on yours just cut the grey/black at pin 19 abs and see what happens.

well done! Thanks to you and Dakota digital these swaps have just gotten easier
When I wire one of these up I will post my finding also.

Back