Anyone got a set of used 15

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
I looking for a set of rims and used tires to throw on my explorer cause the tires themselves are worth more than the vehicle. So I want to get the brand new tires off it. To possibly get a cash offer. Or if your near laramie wy maybe we can swap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could get them here at a JY, but it'd be a nightmare to get to WY i assume

So you just want a set into throw on to sell the vehicle?

Or you want something decent because you want to sell the current wheels and tires?

So you just want a set into throw on to sell the vehicle?

Or you want something decent because you want to sell the current wheels and tires?
I want a set of rims and tires to take off the ones I have on mine now cause the 31s I have on there now are worth more than the vehicle. Or a set of stock used tires to put on it so I can sell the tires outright

Two pick-a-part yards I go to:

Cheyenne Auto & Metal - Cheyenne
Anderson Sales & Salvage - Greeley

Anderson is cheaper for wheels with tires on them. Cheyenne can dismount tires, Greeley cannot. I have heard of people buying mounted tires in Greeley, having a local business dismount, and then returning just the wheels, but I don’t know their policy on that.

Luck of the draw either case though…

4 years ago, I went to our local salvage yard that buys scrap vehicles too. When the vehicles arrive, the first thing that they do is take out the battery, cut off the converters and remove the tire/wheels. There is a big pile, of tires/wheels that I sorted through for about 30 minutes and found 4 Gen 2 aluminum wheels that had rough tires on them that were holding air. $25- each. No tax. I think that is about as cheap as it gets. A different time or two, I found a Gen 1 wheel to make up a matching spare for my wife's old '94 and I've found steel spare wheels in the same pile. I like the fact that they are already off of the vehicle and near the front of the scrap yard. Maybe you have a place near you that is similar.

Will Vicky rims work?

Here is a set of tires in Laramie. I’m not the seller, nor do I know him.

FFE6268B-E304-4EC2-9D0C-298BDF16CE25.jpeg

Back