Anyone removed the rear quarter panel yet? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone removed the rear quarter panel yet?

W

w1kedz

anyone removed either of the rear quarter panels yet? Just looking for tips from the experience. I like to avoid breaking panel clips as much as possible :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have mail.

RearQuarterTrim.gif

They come off pretty easy actually, since they go on over the upper pillar trim. Remove the two cargo net anchors and the seat belt acced door at the floor. Will need to remove the 3R seat belt anchor too. remove the rear door scuff plate and the push in at the floor.

Then starting at the rear, pull the trim over the seal lip and pop the panel loose. Next go up by the quarter glass at the rear and pop loose there. Then go to front and pull loose from the C-Pillar thrim.

Pretty easy. Should not break any clips. If you do, they are cheap.

Twist them off like a screw - they are very tight at first. Use a large adjustable wrench or channel locks with rag or something to protect the plastic.

Why take the quarter panel out?

Adding an aftermarket amp and sub, I'm told that the premium audio system in my XLT has an amp (or at least wiring for one) in the right rear quarter panel. I figure that's the best place to splice in an MX1 sound processor.

Not without a subscription.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back