Anyone removed the rear quarter panel yet? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone removed the rear quarter panel yet?

when you do this, please inform us if the wiring and stuff is actually located back there, im looking to do the same thing, but am not as eager to tear apart the interior.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when you do this, please inform us if the wiring and stuff is actually located back there, im looking to do the same thing, but am not as eager to tear apart the interior.

I will likely order the sound processor next week, I already have the amp, wiring, and sub, so I'll take plenty of pictures when I get to the install

My wife ordered the mx-1 processor today for my birthday, so it looks like I'll be doing this during the weekend (weather permitting).

Awesome! Make sure you take plenty of pics of the modification and your sexy Explorer! I wonder if you could stick a subwoofer somewhere around the center console so the bass would be evenly distributed or somewhere in the footwells of the passengers. If wiring isn't already there on the Explorer to put a subwoofer, then I'd modify mine like that... Once I find out how.

Awesome! Make sure you take plenty of pics of the modification and your sexy Explorer! I wonder if you could stick a subwoofer somewhere around the center console so the bass would be evenly distributed or somewhere in the footwells of the passengers. If wiring isn't already there on the Explorer to put a subwoofer, then I'd modify mine like that... Once I find out how.

Bass is omni-directional, unless a car's interior was a perfect geometrical shape there really is no need to "evenly distribute" bass. It bounces so many times in the car before it's actually heard that you'll have no idea where it's coming from.

I'm placing the subwoofer right behind the second row, between the second and third rows. Under the floor when the third row is stowed, and it will be easily moveable to the rear when the third row is put up for passengers. I didn't want to lose any space in the car, I think this is the best way to accomplish that.

Did you ever install your subs and such?

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I am planning on replacing the subwoofer sometime this week and was wondering if there was an updated location where I could view the pic ncranchero had shown in post #2? I've searched for other threads and came up empty handed.

Thanks!

Update: though the main link (https://www.motorcraftservice.com/quickguides/bodyrepair) works, none of the manual links worked for me. Not sure if some setting in my laptop needs to be updated, like Cookies or Java, but the error message wasn't promising that the issue is on my end. ;)
When trying to open the manuals, this is what I get;

Server Error in '/Ford_Content' Application.​

Is that also what you got? BTW, the manuals were for 2002/3 vehicles.

Peter

Back