apim replacement made backup camera not work as well | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

apim replacement made backup camera not work as well

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
My backup camera used to work great, day or night. At night it was gray, kinda like a camera using night vision. Now when it is dark its just grainy and hard to see anything with any detail. Anyone else notice this? Will call the dealer Monday and schedule yet another visit to see them

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's an apim?

Skynet for your Explorer.

My camera works just fine. You did check to make sure the lens is clean, didn't you?

Yes, but will do a better job when I get home.

Anyone here that drives all the makes on a regular basis knows that the Explorer's camera is one of the best. The color sat is good, and the definition is the best I've seen. Put a Mercedes in reverse and you get a fish-eye view of the bumper and the ground back a few feet. Our camera is also the sharpest; you can tell a car's make and model or an azalea from a rhododendrum on the display.
Sorry you are having a hiccup with yours.

Daytime is fine. Its just at night that I'm having the issue.

20120707_094736.jpg

Heyyyyy, your little turn/path bars are orange??? Ours are white. That's weird!

See:

DSC_1322.jpg

Not only are the lines a different color, the little black boxes down the center are thicker on your screen. I wonder if you have the 3rd quarter update installed in your new APIM? ;)

13 vs 11, I guess.

See:

DSC_1322.jpg

Not only are the lines a different color, the little black boxes down the center are thicker on your screen. I wonder if you have the 3rd quarter update installed in your new APIM? ;)

Beautiful lawn...tell me your tricks!

The secret is it's 300 square feet! I have 42,000 square feet. It looks good as long a s it rains and doesn't get too hot.

See:

DSC_1322.jpg

Also, what is the off/on toggle, I don't have that either.

Thanks! I fertilize only once a year (3-4 is recommended for our area, but that makes it grow too fast!), mow once a week during the season, but need to mow twice a week. Only once a week forces me to double mow, once to cut and mulch, the second pass is to vacuum the clippings that didn't get mulched. Water 3 times a week and the sun does the rest. Our more mild summer this year is helping A LOT! It didn't look so nice last year during 100+ temps and the drought. (I also have to admit that the camera makes it look just a hair brighter green than it is ;))

Also, what is the off/on toggle, I don't have that either.

That is for the Zoom feature. I press the "Zoom" button, and then get the little arrows to zoom or unzoom it. Now that I think about it, I am not sure what the "Off" button does, lol. I'll try pressing it when the wife lets me drive the Ghost next time and I'll let ya know :)

Thanks! I fertilize only once a year (3-4 is recommended for our area, but that makes it grow too fast!), mow once a week during the season, but need to mow twice a week. Only once a week forces me to double mow, once to cut and mulch, the second pass is to vacuum the clippings that didn't get mulched. Water 3 times a week and the sun does the rest. Our more mild summer this year is helping A LOT! It didn't look so nice last year during 100+ temps and the drought. (I also have to admit that the camera makes it look just a hair brighter green than it is ;))

:)

Here is what a week of 100 degree days with no rain does to my lawn. Too large to put in a sprinkler system, plus I'm on a well, and I'd rather save the water for showers and toilets then let it run dry doing the lawn. It will turn green again in the fall when it cools down.

PANO_20120707_163408.jpg

Here is what a week of 100 degree days with no rain does to my lawn. Too large to put in a sprinkler system, plus I'm on a well, and I'd rather save the water for showers and toilets then let it run dry doing the lawn. It will turn green again in the fall when it cools down.

PANO_20120707_163408.jpg
Now that we're into lawn care, I have a deal with Mother Nature. If she'll water it, I'll cut it. :D
A lot of browning lawns around here. It has been dry and hot.

Peter

That is for the Zoom feature. I press the "Zoom" button, and then get the little arrows to zoom or unzoom it. Now that I think about it, I am not sure what the "Off" button does, lol. I'll try pressing it when the wife lets me drive the Ghost next time and I'll let ya know :)

That off button appears when zoom is activated. Off means no zoom. It changes to 2x, etc. When you zoom.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The secret is it's 300 square feet! I have 42,000 square feet. It looks good as long a s it rains and doesn't get too hot.

I wish it was only 300 square feet! I mowed it today and I felt all ~6000 of them by the time I finished. :eek:

Back