ARB bumper...Interested?

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Hey guys I was looking at a thread on another board where ARB was looking for someone to let them use their ranger to make a new bumper. I was just wondering why they don't make a bumper for the explorer, so.... I sent them an e-mail. I spoke with Tim from ARB usa and he said they would make a bumper for explorers if their was enough interest expressed. He also told me ttell everyone interested in one to e-mail him. I think this would be great for people who want a good bumper and don't have the tools to build one :) His e-mail is tlund@arbusa.com so everyone pull together and lets get them to build one for us explorers. I just hate how the aftermarket overlooks the ford explorer. If you are interested in one or would like to see a company that make great stuff make something for the explorer just send a quick e-mail :)

Later,

Clint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I talked to them last year about a bumper. They told be basicly the same thing and that their wasn't enough interest and there wasn't going to be so I was wasting my time. Sooo, I bought a James Duff. If you guys can get it done, then that's great. I wish you luck.

I just bought steel today to make my own but I think some people here should step up and order one :D

sent mine, who's next?

I emailed Tim to express my interest - also referrenced Clint's post / conversation on this site.

Tim's reply:
"The only possibility would be if we receive many requests for an Explorer ARB bar. We have tried to get Explorer owners interested before, but when asking for interested peoples to contact us, we'd only get a handful of responses. Unfortunately we need more interest than that to convince the directors to spend the development money.

We'll build just about any of our products for just about any vehicle, however as the factory is full out building current products, any new products to come down the line are driven by customer requests."

I've seen all available bumpers on the market and those that are custom built, but honestly, and no offense, I don't like any of them. I wish we could generate enough interest to rally the aftermarket... I want an ARB or a Bulletproof, Warn, Truck Farm, etc.

Jim

I like them all too, but it is just too much cash. I advise all of you to buy a bender and a welder and build what you want. Worked good for me...

I know a guy who will build some sweet bumpers for you if you are in colorado...

We're in a position that we can practically build any type of bumper for our trucks since there is really almost nobody out there that offers real one right now.

What kills me though is that ARB builds bumpers for Isuzu Troopers but they don't build one for the "X"...

e-mailed him anyway
:D

What kills me though is that ARB builds bumpers for Isuzu Troopers but they don't build one for the "X"...

I guess I can see where they are coming from by the lack of responces in this tread though. I would have thought a whole lot of people here would have wanted to jump on board and get a company like ARB to build a nice bumper for the explorer.

It would cost an arm and a leg. Why not spend the same amount or less having one custom made to your specs? I like ARB bumpers, but face it, they won't make one! Just like the locker situation. There is not enough interest. I'll bet even if 100 people e-mailed Tim, they still wouldn't build one. Maybe I'm wrong?
-E

IMO if we posted this in the General Forum we might of gotten more responses...

most guys don't check all the forums...

I was not sure where to post it so this looked like a good place ;) I know they are pricey but face it for 350.00-400.00 you are getting a great bumper. I know a lot of people with them on their toyotas and I think they are strong and good looking. I guess I was just thinking of the people who didn't have access to a welder, torch, bender and a good shop to work out of. I know if I didn't have the tools and shop I would have bought one. Just think about it ...you buy it unwrap it bolt it on and you done in a few hours :D I still think it is a good idea and worh persuing for those who cannot make one on their own.

that's right. I just installed mine today... not ARB but very, very close.

Took us 1.5 hours... two guys... including instaling a winch as well...

worth it? No matter what you price it at I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper than Trail Ready or others that are available... and it takes like forever to get one anyway...

I'm very happy that I bought this... extremelly happy.
Photos have been posted to my gallery...
:bounce:

I think that another reason why there aren't very many responses is b/c like me, a lot of people have already built, or bought another bumper...... I bet if this would have happened a few years ago, a LOT of people would have been all over it.

I mean, I LOVE the look and strength of the ARB bumpers, but I put $300 into the bumper I have now.... and I won't be able to get half that out of it if I tried to sell it.

That's just my opinion.

Dre! did you build that bumper or buy it??

--Ryan

I bought my bumper from a guy in Poland... I just got lucky I guess... as usuall I was looking for various things on Polish auction site (like ebaY) and spoted this bumper for sale.... I mean, what are the chances that you will find something you are looking for looking halfway across the world!?!?

I paid a total of $700.00 and think that it's well worth it...

this bumper was custom made for Explorer and to handle a winch...

BTW - I installed a 12,000 lbs Mile Marker winch in it and it fit like a glove... and bumper itself is a real tight fit on the mounts - I mean it slid right in without a snag... It's built out of a thicker plate than ARB... I'll get some more pictures to show you guys a notch tha was made by a hi-lift... I mean the guy lifted his Explorer by putting his hi-lift under the tube...
I'm happy.

I emailed Tim at ARB also. It might be too late for me to get one, but it would be nice for everyone else. Also, if more companies begin to recognize the Explorer than others will follow.

When I sent him an e-mail he just wrote back to me that the only reason they never built bumpers for the "X" was that there was never enough interest in them.... not enough requests for one. This makes me think though.... on what really they base their "need" to build a bumoer or not????

how come we never flooded ARB with e-mails???

We should use our power on others so we can finally get more accesories for our trucks.... power is in numbers ladies and gentelman...

My reply:

Thank you for the email Shep, I'll add it to our request file.

If you would like to help further the push for an ARB Explorer bar, please have all the Explorer owners wishing for an ARB bumper to email me with their request. All new products that are developed are a direct result from customer requests. We take a list of the products with the most amount of requests and decide which ones to develop.

Best Regards,

Tim Lund
Tech Supervisor
Engineering Assistant
Air Locker, Inc.
206-264-1669
20 So. Spokane St.
Seattle, WA 98134
tlund@arbusa.com

So let's keep those emails going!

Safari Snorkel would be nice as well

Let me edit my post:

ARB front winch bumper for 2st and 2nd gen Explorer and Ranger
ARB front D35 locker (2nd gen)
ARB Safari Snorkel 1st and 2nd gen

anything else? guys, keep the e-mails flowing.

I'm ready to buy a bumper for 2nd generation and snorkel for my 1st generation for sure.

arb doesnt make lockers for front diffs?? how about first gens. i want one!!!and i want to route my friggin intake somwhere else!!! its in my friggin way

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

e-mail Tim... the more e-mails he gets the better...

:)

Back