Attention: New Part # for Ranch RS5000 Front Shocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attention: New Part # for Ranch RS5000 Front Shocks

MrMatt

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Mountaineer V8
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would let everyone know that on the Rancho RS5000 Shocks the model # listed in the application guide (RS5019) for 91-94 4x4 Explorers is no longer the correct shock.

I called Rancho direct after getting a set of RS5019s that dont fit and found out it is now part # RS5039.

The Rear shock listed in their application guide still is correct however. Just hoping I can help someone avoid a problem like I am having.

Thanks
-Matt

Damn Matt, I didn't even check my part number before I installed mine, but they fit! Guess I got the right ones then.

tell me what you guys think of those RS5000s b/c I can get RSXs for the same price. If anyone can tell me the difference from some experience i would greatly appreciate it Thanks
gary

Rx4phun:

I could have got the RSX's for the same price also from DesertRat. I tried to find some opinions on both and it seemed everyone either had RS5000s or RS9000s but not the RSX Self adjusting ones.

I decided to go with the 5000's because of their relativly low cost and becuase they are proven. Even though I only have the rears installed I noticed a HUGE difference between my old ones, I am sure that will only be more evident once the fronts are also installed.

-Matt

Back