• Register Today It's free!

aussie locker woes

CheapThrillEX

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville, MI (Gun Lake)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
bought my Aussie back in January, and i pulled my Diff apart and i have found that the 4 pins are broke in half.....anybody know if these are warrantied or if you can get replacement pins from aussie. I have a call into them waiting on a call back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my tolerances were right at the min amount allowed (so it was real tight), nothing else was damaged or even showed wear for that matter, and when i took the carrier out i didn't even notice that they were broken until something real small caught my eye.

Any who when it goes back together i'm gonna recheck my clearances

and i just talked to Aussie and their gonna ship me a new set of pins under warratny

they told me this was a pretty rare failure to just have the pins broken

very happy with the customer service, esc this day and age i think many business's have forgotton about customer satisfaction

Bill of Aussie is great to deal with..

x2 -- these guys are top notch!

I think I might pay them a visit next time I'm in Rochester.

Bill of Aussie is great to deal with..

yep...he worked with me on the PROTOTYPE install for the ranger/explorer 35's...

you can all thank me later for getting us another locker thats available for the ttb35...got 2 free shirts outta it...:D

dunno how you brokem....mine would twist front axleshafts and never even sweat...great locker....

the quicklock I had on the otherhand....:thumbdwn: :mad:

bill was great on my prototype install also. but i didn't get a t-shirt dang.

so then were you actuallty able to reuse the factory c-clip on the right axle shaft, cause i couldn't figure out how to get the clip with the locker installed??

nope..read the review...thers a spring from tractor supply company thats PERFECT to keep it pushed in the carrier..and IF you break the middle shaft..you can pull it and replace it without having to take the entire front end apart..;)

and IF you break the middle shaft..you can pull it and replace it without having to take the entire front end apart..;)
Is there a point in the D35 ratio where the ring gears moves so close to the pinion that it prevents the center pin from being pulled out?

Cauz this exists in the D44 with high-ratio gear sets. The entire carrier assembly must be pulled from the axle housing, then the ring gear unbolted from the carrier and finally the center pin and locker can be removed.

nope..read the review...thers a spring from tractor supply company thats PERFECT to keep it pushed in the carrier..and IF you break the middle shaft..you can pull it and replace it without having to take the entire front end apart..;)

i've done that, but when you bust the inner joint, and don't have a another inner joint, the inner shaft will slip from the carrier and create a leak, and worst case it slips out a little then gets bound up on the other shaft and it gets forced upwards breaking the diff housing

SarahsHaircut015.jpg

the spring is pretty useless when this happens
SarahsHaircut018.jpg

oh yeah, i called and talked to Aussie on WEds about 2-3oclock and i got the new pins today around 10am

Customer service :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IZwack i know on my 2nd Gen I *should have to* remove the ring gear in order to pull the pin. But I ground the Inner side off three? teeth about 1/8th for it to fit. I suspect anything than 4.56's larger is a must.

Is there a point in the D35 ratio where the ring gears moves so close to the pinion that it prevents the center pin from being pulled out?

Cauz this exists in the D44 with high-ratio gear sets. The entire carrier assembly must be pulled from the axle housing, then the ring gear unbolted from the carrier and finally the center pin and locker can be removed.

yep...I think its 4.10's..

Back