auto climate control venting to windscreen only | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

auto climate control venting to windscreen only

revin_11

Reaction score
City, State
Cobar nsw australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 limited
in auto mode the air comes out at the face for 5-10sec then goes to the wind sheild and stays there. the vent mode puts it at the face but only outside air which is normal but if want cold air the only way to get anything at the face is by having it on floor and face. are my problems vacuum related where do i begin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2002 eddie bauer with Auto AC and mine does the same thing depending on how hot it is outside and how cold it is inside. Mine will start off blowing on the floor and the defroster and then as it cools down switches to the dash vents.

Your's might be a totaly different system since it's older, but I think that the engineers think that the car can cool off faster if you cool the window off first or something.

ok just never done it before then again it was 45oC outside but even in the cooler weather (34oC) it still does it

Well, mine comes throught the defroster anywhere from 37c to about maybe 29c or 30c. When it is around 28c and lower it always comes out of the dash.

I usually switch to manual and turn off the recycle feature, then it blows out the dash. Once I am cool enough I switch back to full auto and it usually stays out of the dash vents, unless it is actually 35c or 34c outside, then it wants to go back to the recycle and blow out the defroster, which since I am in Florida it is like that 4 months out of the year.

ok just went and tested it in the cool (27oC at 4am) and your spot on, so thanks for your help another problem solved

Back