auto or manual hubs ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

auto or manual hubs ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Manual hubs if you want them to work when you need 'em

^^^^^^^^^^ what they said ^^^^^^^^^^

And, Warns at that. Stay clear of the Mile Markers. They tend to go boom (so do Warns, but it takes a LOT and they have a lifetime warranty that they honor).

Warn manuals!

I don't mean to be the voice of decent, but my factory auto hubs have stood the test pretty well. Then again, my whole truck is factory and has stood the test more than most. Maybe it's 33" plus tires that are destroying everyone's hubs. *shrug* If you're going to do a lift and all that, Warn hubs are worth the cost for sure.

I don't mean to be the voice of decent, but my factory auto hubs have stood the test pretty well. Then again, my whole truck is factory and has stood the test more than most. Maybe it's 33" plus tires that are destroying everyone's hubs. *shrug* If you're going to do a lift and all that, Warn hubs are worth the cost for sure.

Stock hubs never let you down -- until you really need them - like today in Colorado... :D

Then they just click. You can't even blow up the stock ones. The just strip out first. I gave up after trying 4 sets. I now run Warns and they always work.

My stock auto hub on the driver side was stripped before I got the truck, and it was on 215/75R15's
I'm going to Warn's as soon as I can afford it.

Mine had the auto hubs when I bought it and it was on stock size tires. They never worked and only had 50,000 on the vehicle. Swapped in Warn manual hubs and have had them for 60,000 miles now and they never let me down, they work great :thumbsup:

Get stuck in mud a few times and wheel hard, you WILL break hubs!

I had auto hubs on my 92 that would pop in and out of 4 wheel drive. Finally I was tired of it and bought some warn manual hubs. They havent failed me yet, so I would say manual hubs all the way. Plus the treads on here make for an easy swap. I did both of mine in about 45 min.

Back