Auto Unlock/Accessory Delay Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Unlock/Accessory Delay Not Working

amandalynn89

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mercury Mountaineer
I did a quick search and found initial info on an accessory delay relay but I'm not for sure if that's where I should start.

Here's the situation....we've had our 2006 Mountaineer for almost a year and everything has worked fine. As of Sunday the radio does not shut off when I open the door (after engine is off) and the doors are not auto-unlocking.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a sensor or a relay issue. Somewhere along the lines your car isn't realizing that the ingnition has turned off. Do your interior lights work like they used to when you open and shut doors? How about the pinging noise when you leave your keys in the ignition? just some ideas.

There was a thread on here a while back where a guy's stereo would mysteriously turn back on after a while. There might be some ideas in that thread. I think it was called "Ghost in my radio" or something with "Ghost" and "Radio" in the title.

Thanks for the reply! Funny thing is, since I posted this it has worked. Go figure, right?! We'll see how long until it starts acting up again though. I'll have to check out the "ghost in my radio" thread. Funny :)

ETA: Since it's working fine I can't check the other stuff you mentioned but I think it was working properly. I'll definitely take notice of the interior lights and the dinging of keys in ignition if it starts acting up.

Back