Aux tranny cooler and temp gauge install question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aux tranny cooler and temp gauge install question

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
I am looking to install a aux tranny cooler and an autometer tranny temp gauge. I have searched but have not found what I am looking for.( may be wrong wording)

This is going on my 95 XLT, From what I have read I should install the aux cooler on the return side of the lines. The line which is coming out of the top of the radiator.

I am using a temp manifold from Autometer, Where should I install this to get the best( most accurate) reading of the tranny temp?? Should I run it like this>

Transmission---- temp gauge manifold------lower in at radiator--- upper out at radiator----- aux cooler---- transmission.

One other question: Is it a problem to have tranny fluid too cool???

Thanks fo the help

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i hear tranny pan is the best location for the sender...and their is a too cool.

I would think 150 is low end of normal....

I would think that the line going to the radiator, from the transmission, would reflect a more accurate transmission temperature.
Monitoring the return line will show cooled temp.

Back