Aviator Heated / Ac seats not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator Heated / Ac seats not working

hunterb

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Lincoln Aviator
Hello!
The heated and cooled seats recently stopped working on my 2004 Lincoln aviator. The heated seats have never really worked right, the light would come on then go off after a while, but the cooled has always worked until recently, where the buttons don't even light up if i press them. I have checked all fuses, and they're all fine, even switched with windshield fuse and they worked perfectly. I looked in forscan to see if i could do anything, but nothing pops up. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next. Any help is appreciated, thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could be in the seat, sometimes the element stops working. are the buttons on the seat or the console? maybe we can find you a wring diagram for this to troubleshoot

Do the seat buttons look the this? They have a habit of failing. Easy to replace, just pop out, change the wired and pop it back in. You can test by just touching the wires and see if the heater light goes on.

Amazon product ASIN B01BTTZCMQ

could be in the seat, sometimes the element stops working. are the buttons on the seat or the console? maybe we can find you a wring diagram for this to troubleshoot
Sorry for the late reply! The buttons are in the door!

i wonder if its a msster switch, similiar to the window ones. sometimes those fail, so then you dont have power windows. let me see if i can find some diagram

i wonder if its a msster switch, similiar to the window ones. sometimes those fail, so then you dont have power windows. let me see if i can find some diagram
It could be, thank you so much! although i am wondering why both switches (driver and passenger) failed at the same time? just my luck? lol

Do the seat buttons look the this? They have a habit of failing. Easy to replace, just pop out, change the wired and pop it back in. You can test by just touching the wires and see if the heater light goes on.

Amazon product ASIN B01BTTZCMQ
Hi Bookworm! This is what the seat switches look like, on both the drivers and passengers door panel
s-l1600.jpg

It could be, thank you so much! although i am wondering why both switches (driver and passenger) failed at the same time? just my luck? lol
not too sure, my 2nd gen just has window switches ;) havent found a diag yet, but ill keep searching

Back