Back up camera lines stay curved on my 2014 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back up camera lines stay curved on my 2014 Explorer Sport

ablue69

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Back up camera lines are always curved on my 2014 Explorer Sport. I replaced the camera awhile back and all was good, now the two white lines that show where you will be going are already curved even with steering wheel straight!

I tried turning off in the menu camera settings and back on, no difference. Someone said maybe a steering sensor, where/how do I access those?

(I accidentally posted this days ago in the '04 section...sorry!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the first time I've read about this issue. If it is possibly a steering sensor, I find it strange that replacing the camera fixed it initially.

Peter

Camera was replaced originally NOT because of this but because it quit working all together. Amazon replacement camera and all was good for a couple weeks, now camera still works but the white lines are always curved. Thanks

weirdmedium.jpg

I'm guessing that you have Active Park Assist. When the camera was replaced, did you have it programmed to the vehicle?

Peter

No, sure didn't. Just swapped it out in my driveway and assumed that took care of it. :confused:

No, sure didn't. Just swapped it out in my driveway and assumed that took care of it. :confused:
There are several posts here indicating a new camera should be programmed to the vehicle because not all have the moving lines associated with Active Park Assist. Not saying that is the cause of the issue you are having.

Peter

So, if I understand correctly, take it to a Ford dealer to have it programed right?

So, if I understand correctly, take it to a Ford dealer to have it programed right?
Yes, they do the programming using their IDS tool which is somewhat similar to FORScan that a few members use to do it themselves.
While this is what many members have done, keep in mind that I don't know if it will correct your issue. Is the camera you bought from amazon an OEM camera? Do you have the part number?

Peter

Not OEM, went cheap. Miccika Rear View Backup Camera for Ford Explorer 2011 - 2015. Replaces # EB5Z-19G490-A

Not OEM, went cheap. Miccika Rear View Backup Camera for Ford Explorer 2011 - 2015. Replaces # EB5Z-19G490-A
In that case I'm not sure if they will program it or not. Only one way to find out I guess.

Thank you sir, I'll decide if it's worth paying a dealer to correct or just live with it.

Back