back window differences between years??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

back window differences between years???

Lefy

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
ok is there a difference between the rear tailgate glass between years like 1997 to 2000
i blew out the rear window on my sport and need a replacement
i've got a 98 with heated and privacy glass
with a 4 door glass work and fit right. thanks for any info
this is the glass on the tailgate to be clear?? thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was '97 the year the redesigned (rounded) read end was implemented? If so, then the glass should be the same form then thru 2000

No - '98 was the new(er) design - i call it Generation 2B

I'm not sure of the glass, but the tailgate IS different

soo 2 door to 4 door doesn't matter?? right
i've got a place by me in brewster with the glass from a 99 with heated privacy for 250 not bad.
i think i'm getting it

Lefy I think they are different.. What does yours measure?

If its 30.25" across at the top, 19.5" tall towards the front, 21" tall towards the rear, and 36.5" across at the bottom like my 4 door, then its the same.. Monmix said he looked it up and it was not the same size.. then again I think he said that. You should contact Doug, I think he had a spare at his parent's place.

Nevermind I thought you were referring to the side windows in the rear compartment.

Call the dealer to find out of the 2 different years are the same part number, then go from there. Look on ebay too for the part.

i'm taking about the back window on the tail gate I dunno i seems like the dimentions you gave me don't seem right i dunno.

Hey where in Westchester are you located? And have you tried a junkyards for one.

ok i got it done my pops got me a hook up with auto glass place to do it.
125 installed thursday it's done. sick.

junkyards??? in westchester??? where? the closest i've heard is jersey and the bronx
you know any i don't know off
i've been looking for a placve to get explorer parts for cheap.
hook me up

In my town we have one called blood brothers, and I think there is one in Port Chester(not sure though might have closed). Depending where you are located, you can always go down to the bronx you can find anything there. Try using yellowpages.com and do a search for auto wreckers to see if one is close to you. So what part of Westchester are you from?

Actually come to think of it bloods had a foor door 1998 there about two weeks ago and I believe the rear window was intact, if you are close I can give them I call and get a price for you.

mt kisco

Mount Kisco is probally just about 25 minutes from where I live, I work in Armonk and the drive with no traffic is less than 20 minutes to my door. The guy at Bloods say they don't have one but they are lazy as $hit and I know they did have a four door less than two weeks ago, so if you can found out if the 4 door will fit your sport on my next trip down there i will get a price if they do have it.

don't worry about it I got it done it's fixed. looks good thanks though

Back