Backup Sensors 2003 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Backup Sensors 2003 XLT

03ExploKRV

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT V6
Anyone know the exact model number of the backup sensor from a 2003 Explo XLT 4x4? Went to the car wash last night and I guess water got in there somehow and shorted the thing out. I'm going to buy a few of these from eBay but want to make sure I buy the correct one.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Item Part Number Description
1 15K868 Electrical connector
2 15K859 Parking aid sensor (full item # 8L1Z-15K859-A)

Funny thing happened today...the darn sensors started working again!!! Maybe there was some moisture in there that finally dried up? Damn, I almost never get a break! This is awesome!

I get this too....they work when they wanna.

The sensors themselves are sealed. You've probably got a seal failing on the connector to the sensor, or water getting into the wiring itself.

Check wiring harness that connects to sensors under passenger side of bumper. I had an almost broken wire there that finally broke. I rewired the broken wire and it's been fine ever since.

mine started working on and off but then they stopped working all together and i paid 205 dollars to get one replaced. I live in upstate NY where the winters are harsh, so i bet that had something to do with it.

Back