• Register Today It's free!

Battery Terminal Covers

HardTech

Reaction score
City, State
Anna, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Ok I know this sounds dumb, but I lost one (more-less popped off on the highway some how), and its starting to get on my nerves. I was wondering where I can get these replaced, or if anyone has the one I need sitting around?

I would go out to the truck now, but its 2 am. It’s bugging me that bad to wake me up and post this. Everything is stock and is still on my car from the day it was sold, so its annoying to see that piece missing :(

I clean my engine bay weekly so every time I lift the hood I see it.

Anyway I thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've only ever had one (over the positive) I didn't even know there were supposed to be two. Now its gonna bother me too!

Same thing happened to me. They just wear out over time. I replaced both + and - terminals with a nice aftermarket set you'll see in stereo install places. Looks MUCH better than stock.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I always eliminate these things. They can hide terminal corrosion.

Good luck ....

Which one do you need? I removed mine today when I cleaned the terminals. My negative side was broken but the positive one is in good shape. If you need it I will be happy to send it to you.

aldive said:
I wouldn't worry about it.

I always eliminate these things. They can hide terminal corrosion.

Good luck ....

I would agree, but I do wash my engine bay weekly, and check it weekly ;)

As for what one, I just need the negative terminal cover. Funny how this seems to be the one that’s missing/broken.

DBray6: Broken as in how? If it was the same as mine was a few weeks ago I might still be able to use it.

I may look in a junk yard, but I am unsure if they would even keep track of such items.

Just about any auto parts store should sell them, so don't waste time running around for them. They are a few dollars for a set of 2. Look in the battery section where they sell cables, and terminals.

As you could see in the pictures below, there is no "one size fits all" cover. There are some that come close to fitting many different sizes. They are sometimes sold as a "universal" cover.
9c99b8b0.jpg
12d9b95d0.jpg
14d4cf720.jpg

223ac8740.jpg

21a4390a0.jpg

21a7e7930.jpg
2cab968f0.jpg
141c9b9b0.jpg

partsbatcvs.jpg
covers-3.jpg

covers-2.jpg
57607.jpg
covers_side_m.jpg

Sorry but the negative side cover is totally missing. I only have the base

always cover your postive, if you crush or hood by hitting somthing then you could blow your battery or melt down your terminals...happened to my dad once when he was younger, someone at a party kept jumped on his hood and the battery blew

Back