Before And After Lifted 99 XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before And After Lifted 99 XLT

Sorry the before pic is so small. My computer wouldn't let ne resize it.

This is her stock except for the Hella 500's
3092794_270.jpg

And this is how she sits today with War 153's, TT, 33's and a 3" PA-883 Body Lift...
3092794_266_full.jpg

Not too bad eh? here is a couple more...
3092794_243_full.jpg

3092794_247_full.jpg

3092794_234_full.jpg

Again I'm sorry about the picture sizing...my computer is old and wouldnt let me do anything about it.
anyway let me know what you think!!!! Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick question, but if i do a 3" BL do i have to change the shocks at the same time? i noticed you have a set of KYB's, that just by choice.

No you dont have to touch any of that...all your doing is lifting the body off of the frame.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

thanks, i ended up reading all of the info on the susp conn web page and realized what i was asking. duh!!!

Very Nice Man... I Love The Snow.. Cant wait for it to start here in Wisconsin. it was 70 here in Green Bay today.. Wondering if you could take some pics of your front bumper.. i want to do the same thing to my x that you did to yours. I LOVE IT!

how did you mount the lights? fab a bracket or...?

Very Nice Man... I Love The Snow.. Cant wait for it to start here in Wisconsin. it was 70 here in Green Bay today.. Wondering if you could take some pics of your front bumper.. i want to do the same thing to my x that you did to yours. I LOVE IT!

I will take a few pics of the bumper tomarrow morning but all I did was take a jig saw and cut around that line above the chrome fog light trim and went straight across to the other side. Then I took 2 self tapping screws and screwd them in on each side of the license plate into the plastic bumper support behind the bumper to make it a little more secure for my lights.

how did you mount the lights? fab a bracket or...?

Hey at first before I cut my bumper I just drilled a 1/2 inch or so hole kinda below the license plate on both sides and bolted them on from the back side of the bumper. ( the lights come with harware to mount) But now that i cut my bumper I just have like 5 self tapping screws going through the back of the light into the bumper lol...But it works and they look great!

Here your pictures millerman! It's kinda hard to take pictures of how I did it but I think you will understand after looking at the pics. SORRY ABOUT THE SIZING MY COMPUTER SUCKS!!!

3092794_293_full.jpg

3092794_294_full.jpg

I thought I would post a pic of where I mounted my CB the other day. Again sorry about the size...it was eather too big or too small.
3092794_292_full.jpg

Here take a look at this everybody...it's a honda but it actually doesnt look half bad! and it gets 30 MPG! I was impressed with it anyway. Its got 2" lift springs on it.
2576145_6_full.jpg

do those have factory tire racks on the hatches? and how well do those little cars do off road? i bet they wouldn't be too bad on trails with a small lift and decent tires, judging be they're small size.

do those have factory tire racks on the hatches? and how well do those little cars do off road? i bet they wouldn't be too bad on trails with a small lift and decent tires, judging be they're small size.

I would guess they would do just as good as a 3rd gen off road if not better because of there small size and from what I here the 3rd gens don't do too bad.

Sorry-forgot to answer your tire rack question wrigly! yeah they all have factory tire racks. they usually have a cover on them saying honda really big.

i wonder if there is a way to put one of those on our trucks. it'd be more convenient then a swinging rack.

i wonder if there is a way to put one of those on our trucks. it'd be more convenient then a swinging rack.

Yeah that would be way cool. I have always wanted my spare back there.
I think we need to do some research!

you might have to get stronger lift struts to be able to support the extra weight. and you wouldn't be able to open your hatch glass with the tire on there

yeah that's ok though...I never open the glass hatch anyway. the hatch thing...ill just keep a baseball bat in there to prob it up lol it's a good thing to have in there anyway...you never know these days!

that's what a 6 cell maglite is for. you can light thing up and hit stuff

hah yeah i guess your right. either one would work well i think. but about the crv hatch mount i tried to search for it on here but i dont think anyone has tried it yet. I dont know if i want to start welding the back of my truck either considering it only has a total of 2 door dings and one small scratch.

Back