Best experience...ever. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best experience...ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the title may over do it abit for the people here, but im a nub in the offroading world. So this was badass to me. Basically the story goes, i take my stock explorer with touring tires offroad in some mud after it rains, my friend brings his lifted ranger on pussy 31" tires (pussy because they have weak ass treads) anyway. His stupid ass gets off the trail (this is around midnight by the way) and gets stuck. So i get close to him so we can try and dig him out, and i figure hey why dont i try and get behind him and pull him a little. Needless to say i didnt have enough speed or take the small trench that had water going threw it at enough of an angle to not get stuck. So there were two fords stuck in the mud and 3 guys trying to dig them out, middle of the winter at around 1 am. Later we find a sign that said "no motor vehicles" so the fear of a ticket or being impounded was added. So we call our friend to come get us and we go home and go to sleep till later. here are the pics for our two cars being stuck.

david-in-the-mud.jpg
- me

ranger4.jpg
- friends ranger

So then my friends dad comes out in his f250 to try and pull me out. Needless to say he couldnt get traction, and this happened.

f250.jpg

and due to my inexperience and lack of car knowledge this happened

explorer-bumper.jpg

So then we call our friends out with their international scout, apparently they are just as inexperienced, or aren't too intelligent, we told them which way to go and they decided to go slow threw a big mud spot and this happened.

scout.jpg
- International scout "big red"

After they get stuck a guy in a k5 drives by and we all laugh about how he could probably get us out with no problem. Then he drives by again so we wave him down, then he turns in and comes out and talks for a bit, luckily he had a winch and let the "unsticking" begin. The guy was nice enough to pull the scout out for free and charge 20 a peice for the other two.

check out more pics if you want. i posted a majority of them.

http://www.sacbored.com/offroad
http://www.sacbored.com/offroad2

Basically, it was a really really really fun/stressful event that lasted about a day, i froze my nuts off laughed alot, and learned alot. I now know what my explorer can handle, and i think i know alot more about how to offroad. I love my explorer even more.

-foned
k5-scout.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Premier said:
To the people that are being ass'.. Give him a break.. Dont even tell me you never went where you werent supposed to, or did anything wrong. :rolleyes:

I've done a lot of things I can regret, however this would have not even entered my mind.

But enough said by me. I stated my opinion.

As advice though, I would listen to Ford Racing Guy and check your wheel bearings as well as your fluids. That mud looked a bit more like water in places, and it likely found it's way in somewhere.

After that is checked. Extend your breathers, get some tires, and find an ORV Park.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry man, any way you look at it its trespassing. Speeding or rolling a stop sign gets you a ticket..... trespassing gets you thrown in jail (at least here it does). Not judging, but i wouldnt post pics of myself trespassing on the interwebnet. Just IMHO.

Ok i need to clear some stuff up. Firstly its not trespassing, its a public open area. The cops have come out there a few times and just ask to stay off. I just helped another guy out of the mud out there. I don't think im giving the community a bad name, i learned alot from this experience and i don't regret it at all. I don't like to hide my mistakes and be ashamed, i figured maybe somone else could get a laugh at what i did, or maybe a small learning experience for people. It says no motor vehicles, thats the only law i broke, it said i would be cited, not towed, not thrown in jail. Its probably a small couple hundred dollar fine. No one is going to track me down off the internet to try and fine me. Also, i probably wont ever go back out there, i don't know any spots around here and this was the only one i could find. I now know of a place called prarie city where there is a nice track $5 to get in. I'm kind of new and i don't like looking stupid in front of people while im learning, so i figured if i went out there at night when no one was there i could learn some stuff and have a little fun. Once i get a lift, some tires and learn a little more ill take my truck to better spots.

Thanks for everyone sharing their positive opinions, and sorry if i pissed anyone off.

Here is the sign that we found after doing this.
sign.jpg

Like i said, im not going back out there again.

Here is a few pictures of the area how it's been since i first found it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It's been like this awhile, i wouldn't have tore up a nice grassy feild to look like this. I stayed on the trail, my friend went off so i followed out there so we could try and dig him out.

Premier said:
Forget your Prozac Robb?

I dont see how he is giving the 'community' a bad name. Your a Moderator.. since this is giving you such a bad name, why dont you delete this thread?

He didnt know better. That doesnt make it ok, but cut some slack.

Don't blame Robb's anger on your ignorance. All it takes is for some greenie to see them screwing around in a field and trails get closed to us but you don't seem to understand that. The offroad community is fighting a battle and losing. We don't have the money and the resources to fight and keep trails open in court. Everytime some dumb kid goes and screws around in a field, tears up some farmers property, goes off the trail it reflects badly on all of us. :fire:

This was just brought to my attention. I am the moderator of this forum. Sorry it went this far but I've been on the couch drugged up from surgery wednesday. So let me get to the point here.

First off.........this is a big time no no!!! You look, ask ,or call somone before wheelin some where you don't know. I myself have had 2 of my favorite spots closed for people wheelin after dark and without permission. Its just not a good idea in my book.

Second.......You broke the law. Plain and simple. You can sugar coat it all you want but you did it.

I for one am glad your out teaching yourself how to wheel. Its always nice to see another wheeler comnig into the sport. You just made a mistake and thats all we are saying here. No ones calling names its just opinions. We are all free to make them.

I'm going to close this thread before it gets really heated. I'll PM Rick(the admin) and he can make the correct call as this is his web-site.

But please take a look at the sign you posted before. Circled is everything you did wrong. Learn from this and keep wheelin!!! PM me if you wanna talk this out. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 193

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back