Best tires? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best tires?

Best Tires

Hello!

Beargap was right on the money...
"1. Is the LTX M/S still thought of as the best (traction and very long life...almost 100K on the Explorer)" = YES

Im on my second set of 235/75 R15 Michelin LTX M/S on my '99 Explorer 120k on the first set and current have 60k on the second set. I was afraid the first set would rot out before they wore out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also went with Cooper CS4's and they are a far better riding tire then the stock Michelin's. I also like the 80,000 mile rating. My Michelin's were worn out at 32,000 miles.

I just bought a Mountaineer (07) with 31K miles and it has the OEM Hankook's on there. At 31K miles they seem to have quite a bit of thread left.
Not sure how they handle snow yet though.

I had over 70K on my Michelin LTXs when I got the BFG Long Trails. They made it to 65K and probably could have gone a little longer. I was very happy with each of them and ended up getting another set of the the Long Trails last week (Much cheaper). Sears had them on sale for $110 each with a $60 rebate for the set..not too bad.:thumbsup:

I just put a set of Yokohama Geolander AT's on my EB and so far a good tire.

Excellent traction, a little more "singing" on the road from the aggressive tread, the side walls are a little softer so after getting used to them they are fine. There is a little more road feel thru the tires over things (bumps, rocks, cracks, joints, etc...) but I am OK with that. Tread-life should be good, will have to see.

Anyone had any experience with any of the General tires?

I have an 01 Sport track, 16" rims, looking for a good traction tire, snow,mud, dirt, and highway. Also trying to keep the budget intact.

Just put some BFG Long-Trails (235/??18) on our '06 Mounty. We've had a LOT of snow here in Michigan, and the difference is huge. On dry patches, so far, it's a very smooth quiet ride.

$50 rebate going on 4 BFG tire right now.

Anyone had any experience with any of the General tires?

I have an 01 Sport track, 16" rims, looking for a good traction tire, snow,mud, dirt, and highway. Also trying to keep the budget intact.

My brother has Grabber AT2s and they are great tires. Others who have them here like them as well.

Back