Best way to lower my explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best way to lower my explorer

did you ever lower this truck?

i had found someone locally that had the parts i needed about a year and a half ago or so and was in the process of saving upt he cash to buy the beams/springs/blocks from him, but then i got in my wreck (signature) and the suspension has been wacky every since. main problems are bearings, balljoints, and the steering is WAAAAAAAAAAY loose, i'm talking you can shake the steering wheel 3 inches either way and the tires don't move at all.

i've decided to hold off on doing anything until i get the ball joints fixed properly, i tried doing it myself a few weeks ago but somethign happened, the uppers went bad all ready.

i'm gettin ga new ford ranger this summer, so that's where the cash and plans are sitting now. the explorer is going to become a project truck, going to do a 4 wheel drive conversion (maybe permanent 4wd?) and a lift. strictly offroading

cool cool.. yeah i got a big 4wd.. but id liek to get a ranger in the same years and slam it and hav it for a daily

Back