• Register Today It's free!

big plans

Bigcheck1

Reaction score
City, State
Marlton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Nissan Xterra
i am going to be poutting a 6 inch suspension lift on along with my 3 inch body lift. this will all be done over spring break when i fix all the broken stuff in my front axle.

i think i'm gonna then go witha 35x 12.50 tire and new gears.

what gears should i go with do you think. i still see some highway action but not that much anymore.

my new 33's will be for sale soon along with my 3.73 gears.

anybody have pictures of how this lift will look with 33's or 35's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out readers rides for pic's should be lots of them.

I would go with 4:56 or maybe even 4:88 gears with 35" tires.

Good luck and have fun installing the lift's. It can be a pain in the A__ but it's worth it.

4.88 gears are only available for the rear 8.8 axle, not for the IFS or TTB D35 front ends.
Now if you do a solid axle swap I believe 4.88's are avail for the D44 and D30???

i cant wait to do all this work. i've been stuck at school for 2 years basically and cant wait to go back to the garage and turn some wrenches. this isnt my daily driver anymore so i dont care how long it takes me.

while i'm at it. does anybody know where the best and possibly cheapest place to get 4.56's for both the front and the rear. i want to gather as many parts as possible before i get started.

i think i'm gonna have to pull the rear axle out to get it welded for new perches unless i can figure something out.

i can just put the new perches basically at the same place on top of the old perches right? just basically moving the new ones to thje top side of the axle tubes

go with the 4.56's. I am running 35x12.50's with 4.10 gears. If I had it to do over again, I would have done the 4.56

Back