Big problem! 4 codes pulled!

03OhioSportTrac

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
I pulled these codes from my parents Xplorer yesterday.:D

They seem like a big deal, but I don't know much about vehicles so I though asking here would work.

P0171- system too lean (b1)

P0174- system too lean (b2)

P0442- evaporative emission system leak detected (small leak) .040"

P1401- differential pressure feedback (egr) (dpfe) ckt high input

I appreciate all the help!

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

being to lean can be as simple as a Fuel Filter to hard core as dirty hookers dancing around your injectors....

evap might be fixed if u replace the evap cannister (i do believe they still use those)

diff pressure, never heard of it

My guess is the codes are all related. Having both bank 1 and 2 too lean codes means that has to be a problem common to both banks. Like, an vacuum leak, dirty MAF sensor, fuel pressure issue are just a few examples. How does the X run? does it run rough when started cold? There is also the possibility that there is an electrical issue. Consult a wiring diagram to see where all four of the sensors involved get their power supply and ground. An open ground could cause 3 of the codes.

Vacum leak could cause all the codes. Check lines for cracks or melting. Some of the lines come close to the exhaust manifolds...

Back