Black Ford Emblem Overlay! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black Ford Emblem Overlay!

looks awesome vroom! turned out nice, doesnt take to much effort either:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, those look great. I just don't have the opportunity to get to a junkyard, and I fear I'd ruin my current emblems trying this.

Yours turned out great!

I ruined one of my Mustang's emblems trying that. Wanted to match it to the body color. Pulled it apart and the chrome lettering separated. Some of it stayed on the clear piece, some of it stuck to the base, and some of it flaked off. Tried painting the lettering black, but didn't look good. Think I'll try the overlays next time.

actually, i did this about 4 times and everytime the chrome came off and i ruined it, THEN i went and got a few emblems off of like the 96 and 97 ex's there emblems are just a TAD smaller and u can see in my pic up there, but when u take them apart they dont have the chrome jell, they have the chrome paint, and its resest so far down it doesnt pull out.

is there any other colors u can paint the ford emblem like yellow or green or red or silver or anything else

yup! the word ford is recest pretty far, but if u use a scuff bad or sos or something around those lines u can get down in there and get the chrome out, paint it w/e color u like, wait for it to dry, sand the access paint off the back then paint w/e color u want to take the place of the blue

same thing, the first one i did the chrome separated, and i tossed it. but now i wished i didn't because i should have scraped the rest out, and did the letters in red, or something like that

yea i think im gonna get a couple more from the junkyard and see how many colored versions i can do, and see how they look

Anyone know the difference between the 2000+ and the 1995-1999? I've got a black '97 and would really like one, but I can't justify buying one if it doesn't fit correctly!

hey i recently had to change the whole grill and decided to take the emblem out and on the 97' it is screwed in and is a plastic piece its set in the center... if that answers your question. i'll post pictures if you want a more visual aid

Back