• Register Today It's free!

Blow off valve 2.3

Darkmand26

Reaction score
City, State
Okc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer limited 2.3
Does anyone know where the blow off valve is on a 2016 2.3 eco? When the turbo spools now. It sounds like a loud exhaust leak and it's low on boost. Only have a p0420 code which has been on and off intermittently. I don't get any wastegate or turbo codes I don't see any hoses or anything disconnected or loose. Don't know if it could be wastegate or blow off valve. Or maybe catalytic convertor. Just wanted to look at blow off valve to see if u could see if diaphragm is torn or anything. Just can't find it.

Well, if it sounds like a large exhaust leak, it probably is one. Have you looked to see if you can find the source?

BTW, an exhaust leak can also cause the cat efficiency code. Of course, a mechanically restricted cat or exhaust will cause back pressure contributing to other symptoms.

Well, if it sounds like a large exhaust leak, it probably is one. Have you looked to see if you can find the source?

BTW, an exhaust leak can also cause the cat efficiency code. Of course, a mechanically restricted cat or exhaust will cause back pressure contributing to other symptoms.
I looked and felt and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Only happens when turbo really spools. Normal when in neutral or easing on gas to get to speed. It still has boost just not all of it. I know it had wastegate clip problems but it is still attached. Just trying to see if it's something I overlooked before I take it to the shop. That's why I wanted to see where Blow off valve was located.

Ford use an electric air diverter valve on the 3.5 and I assume same setup on the 2.3. I doubt it is your issue.

Back