My 97 ex: LETS GO! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 97 ex: LETS GO!

hey everyone. my names rich and i inherited my dads 1997 explorer xlt. I am really excited for it to finally be mine. Ive got around 180,000 miles on it but still runs great. Its my daily driver and i put a ton of miles on it. I was wondering if there was anyone from new york here. especially long island! Ive found a bunch of my friends who seem to have everything but explorers. Just hoping to see some other explorer enthusiasts near me. I know of some people who are explorer enthusiasts near me, but always looking for more!
Thanks-Rich

Currently

Suspension:
PA 883 Performance Accessories 3inch body lift
Jeggs 15x8 D-Windows
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's

Body/ Lighting
Re painted:
grill
pillars
bumpers
Euro Lens Headlights
8inch LED Pods
HID 10,000k headlights

BODY LIFT DONE/

Sorry guys, I have no picks of the process. I was soo in to doing the lift i forgot. I had my two friends help me since i am still a noob haha. But anyways, the lift went great. Got all of the mount bolts out super easy. Only thing we had trouble with was after we had finished the truck was leaning to the right, but it actually ended up straightening out. Which was a relief to me.... But i bought the lift from a friend for $50.00. so i have no brackets for the bumpers.

After the lift was done i added the roof rack.
I was rolling on 28s and stock rims for a while. The lift was done in July, I just got my 33s in November. Oooops.
rollin_zpsd6d146ca.jpg
snowyday4_zpsd863620f.jpg
exploooo_zps418c90dc.jpg
flexin_zps7b4d3561.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

offroad2_zps6e1fba6e.jpg

Great shot!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks [MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION] i am trying to be an automotive photographer.

finally went real wheeling! Got some good flexing and stretching and going up 45 degree inclines and surprising my jeep friends. HAD A BLAST!

this was the end of the night.
exploooo_zps418c90dc.jpg
fireee_zpsd59d1c86.jpg

BRINGIN FLEXY BACKKKKK
flexin2copy_zps194f496f.jpg
flexin_zps7b4d3561.jpg
flexin3_zps0b478269.jpg

Some changes made:
-took off the roof rack (even though it is in these pics)
-added new LED off road lights

andddd I bought a 2013 Ford Focus SE hatch/ and I lowered it.
_MG_8810_tonemapped_zps5996e44e.jpg
_MG_8825_tonemappedcopy_zps889d6268.jpg
newshoot3_zps07c86dc0.jpg
_MG_0091_zps3597bae3.jpg

Back