blower motor resistor & ebrake cable replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

blower motor resistor & ebrake cable replacement

boevella

Reaction score
City, State
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
I need to replace the blower motor resistor (only blows on high) and the ebrake cable. I'm sure the cable is on the drivers side, and I think the resistor is behind the glove box. Do I have to get to it from the interior or from inside the engine? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, it is a 1998 Explorer Sport, 5-speed.

I know that the E brake cable is on the drivers side (i have to replace this myself if someone doesn't already have a tutorial i will make one when i get the chance to get to it sorry). If memory serves me correct i think the res is behind the dash, you might be able to gain access behind the box but might not be enough.

I know that the E brake cable is on the drivers side (i have to replace this myself if someone doesn't already have a tutorial i will make one when i get the chance to get to it sorry). If memory serves me correct i think the res is behind the dash, you might be able to gain access behind the box but might not be enough.

Resistor is under the hood near the blower fan. Don't even think of the glove box.

Do you need to replace the entire ebrake cable? It has 4 parts.

Resistor is done, very easy fix thanks to a wonderful tutorial I found on this site. Also, I bought a Haynes today, so if anyone needs me to scan some pages, let me know. Now, time for the ebrake cable!!

Back