'99 Mounty Blower Resistor

Bobmbx

Reaction score
City, State
King George, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Hey gang,

My Mounty's blower motor only blows on high. I pulled out the resistor, which I had replace about 2-3 years ago, and it looks pristine. I measured the resistance, and found that from any pin to any other pin there was zero resistance. I did this with the resistor disconnected from the harness. I measured at the pins, and on the resistor side with the same results. I measured from end of the coil to the other, and got the same results.

I'm at a loss to explain that. I examined the coils, and none are touching each other. There is no corrosion on either side of the plate.

As I was typing this, it occurred to me it could be my VOM battery being weak. Damn. I just got it all put back together.

But, the VOM has nothing to do the blower resistor.

Thoughts?

you have to have resistance for the blower resistor to work. i'd be highly suspect of your VOM to begin with.

heres a schematic for a 99 explorer....should be the same. you said you have 0 resistance. for a quick check of your meter hold the 2 leads tightly between 2 fingers on each hand. it should read a small amount of resistance

Back