Blower motor Resistor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor Resistor

xxsinxx

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where the blower motor resistor is located inside the dash of my 2004 ford explorer eddie bauer. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3L2H-19E624-AA part is your blower motor resistor. You only have a blower motor resistor if you have manual a/c because the eddie bauer came with auto ac you have the resistor built into that module.

3L2H-19E624-AA part is your blower motor resistor. You only have a blower motor resistor if you have manual a/c because the eddie bauer came with auto ac you have the resistor built into that module.

Thanks for the help. Ok the problem I'm having is with my a/c. It only blows high or low, no medium. I ordered a blower motor resistor from auto zone but I can't seem to find it behind the dash. I removed part # 3L2H-19E624-AA but it looks nothing like blower motor resistor I purchased. Here are the pics of the part I removed

Here is the pic of the blower motor resistor that I purchased

It is a 2004 ford explorer eddie bauer. A/c is automatic. Do I just need to order the part I removed?

I need to correct myself there is no resistor on a auto ac system from Ford. It is either the blower motor speed control(Ford base part# 19e624) or the head unit(Ford base Part# is 19980). The very bottom pick is a blower motor resister for a manual ac system. I believe you can only get the part you need, is from a dealer. The only thing behind the dash is the blend door module which opens and closes the door for hot and cold air. The part you need is known as a blower motor speed control(Ford's base part number19e624). There is a chance that the actual ac unit head is bad.

I need to correct myself there is no resistor on a auto ac system from Ford. It is either the blower motor speed control(Ford base part# 19e624) or the head unit(Ford base Part# is 19980). The very bottom pick is a blower motor resister for a manual ac system. I believe you can only get the part you need, is from a dealer. The only thing behind the dash is the blend door module which opens and closes the door for hot and cold air. The part you need is known as a blower motor speed control(Ford's base part number19e624). There is a chance that the actual ac unit head is bad.

Where is the blower motor speed control located and how difficult is it to replace?

on my 04 it only worked on high/ low.
I replaced the part where the control knob goes into/ turns. Been working on all 4 blower speeds since.

I thought it would be a blower motor resistor (I am a GM guy), but i figure i try the switch dial thing and it worked.

good luck

I agree jakedrew that would work and sometimes changing the switch behind the head unit does work (I am a Ford guy). I am not sure how GM does it but I believe he has a automatic ac head unit because of this there is no switch or knobs. Its all built into the head unit. The only thing to replace other then the head unit is the blower motor speed control which is located or should be by the blower motor itself.

Ya gm's are just a resistor, 2 bolts and it goes into the blower motor.

Just saying when this happened on my ford, i first thought about the resistor. Then talking to the ford parts guy he looked up how many dail switch deals he sold, i said I will take a gamble and see if the switch thing fixes my problem.

Same problem on my '04 Explorer. Only the lower and high blower speed worked. The part number above solved the problem. The local Ford dealer's price for the part was $67.70. The same part at AutoZone was about $23.00. Easiest access was by lowering the glove box door. Two screws hold the resistor in place.

Back