blower resistor 2005 ford explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

blower resistor 2005 ford explorer

Hi Everybody!!! I got it fixed it was the resistor. Thanks for all of your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everybody!!! I got it fixed it was the resistor. Thanks for all of your help

Nice job getting it sorted & thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

I couldnt done it without all of your help and troubleshooting

New resistor fixed my issues mostly.

Went from say 5% then 10% then 10% then 100%

To more like 15% then 50% then 50% then 100%

Not sure why the 2nd and 3rd position seem identical in airflow and noise. Maybe the switch is showing some wear.

Mine is the same way. But at least it works on the other speed now.

New resistor fixed my issues mostly.

Went from say 5% then 10% then 10% then 100%

To more like 15% then 50% then 50% then 100%

Not sure why the 2nd and 3rd position seem identical in airflow and noise. Maybe the switch is showing some wear.

Mine is the same way. But at least it works on the other speed now.

When I fist got my Ex the fan speed was the same on #2 & #3 . I replaced the switch and it is good to go.

Here is a link for the Climate Control System Troubleshooting from the shop manual. It's for the '03 but might help you diagnose the issue:

https://app.box.com/s/624iiennfqnac0rl9mhb

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Ok, thank you very much. Now to find the switch. I will keep you posted

Got a used control panel off ebay since mine was cracked in the thin illumination around the directional control. Anyways it came with all the switches as well.

I tried to clean the old switch and it exhibited the same issues as before without improvement. The new used switch works exactly as intended.

Many Thanks BigRondo!!

Got a used control panel off ebay since mine was cracked in the thin illumination around the directional control. Anyways it came with all the switches as well. I tried to clean the old switch and it exhibited the same issues as before without improvement. The new used switch works exactly as intended. Many Thanks BigRondo!!

You're welcome. Glad I could help out. :biggthump

Back