Borla vs Flowmaster | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Borla vs Flowmaster

SDENVER

Reaction score
I got quoted 650 for a borla exhaust and from the sound on hte internet site borla.com the sound for the sport trac sounds awesome. No would it be possible to get a flowmaster to sound the same?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your looking for something that is loud then flowmaster is the way to go. It will last awhile, but the borla will last longer then the truck. Borla IMO is not as much bang for the buck, but it is the best bulit muffer at there. It al depends on what your looking for. Tell me but you want out of it and then i can tell you alittle more about them.

To answer your question, sure the borla may last forever, but why pay for that? Just get something that will last a number of years on your truck and if you get tired of it you can change it out. Like a Flowmaster. Don't bother with the borla if you ask me, its a little bit of metal for a lot of dollars and in the end it doesn't make any more horsepower for ya then a Flowmaster. Plus it sticks out your ass end which makes it prone to being smacked good.

I am moving this to the Under-the-Hood section.

IMO, borla doesn't sound as good as flowmaster, and cost a ton more. I'd go with the flow ;) heh, you can hear a rather bad recording of my flows at http://members.home.com/jking24/flow.wav this is a 50 series on a 5.0

I have a couple questions. I have a 4.0 SOHC. I want to put duals on it after the muffler, and I am thinking about a 40 or 50 series flowmaster. I want throaty, but not obnoxious. More like a stock 5.0 Mustang than a "bumblebee on steroids" What do you guys suggest...

the 50 series on a v8 has a deep rumble at idle, and sounds decent at acceleration, if you've heard my wav file, its pretty accurate, but not entirley. the 40 series is twice as loud IMO, a friend of mine has a jeep with an I6 and a 40 series dual.. any louder than 40 and it becomes obnoxious. however, the 40 does not sound like a bumble bee. it really matters then how loud you want to be.. semi loud, or heard over people's stereos :)

Back