Brake Booster line disconnect | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake Booster line disconnect

XLoudFN97X

Reaction score
in the process of seafoam treatment on the intake system through the brake booster vacuum line. Its a white valve plug on the master cylinder with a black hose clamped on. I cant get the black hose free from the white valve though w/o poss. breaking the clip/clamp thingy. probably not a big deal but when i twist this thing to pull it free, its hissing at me (like a vacuum) with engine off. i assume this is normal? thanks
~stu

The hose coupler at the boster contains a check valve. This is so you still have power brakes under low vacuum conditions. The booster should hold vacuum for quite a long time after the engine is off. It is a bad thing to get any chemical anywhere near this valve. You should be on the other end of this hose. There are many other easier hoses to take off. I would be concerned if this leak seems permanant.

its not a constant leak, just when i twist the plug but it's cool i got that taken care of... the seafoam didnt smoke much but the idle seems stronger now and more steady. Now if i could only figure out this ******* of a fuel filter... trying to pull these lines is near impossible (even with the cool little tool-p.o.s.). how do i pull these with normal tools?

Back