• Register Today It's free!

Brake Job time

AERTON

Reaction score
City, State
Teaneck, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Hey Guys, my front brakes are screaming at me to replace them NOW!!!
I know my front rotors are toast I can feel when you feather the brakes at speed so now it's the time to replace pads and rotors. I would like to go with something nicer than stock of course. My Explorer is mainly DD with runs on the highway to go camping with my kids. So I wont be towing much weight or tracking my Explorer. I'm looking around and it seems the Explorer Express is still the only game in town who knows our Trucks. The have the Power Slot and Hawk pads. I'm looking for recommendations fro you guys as for both Rotor, pads and any other things I should be doing at this point.
Thank you in advance, this is the greatest forum out there.

You can get powerslots and hawk pads from a lot of other places for a better price. That's what I'm running now and I got them from the tirerack.com. I'm very happy with them. If you don't want to spend the money, you could just get normal rotors and hawk pads and probably still be pretty happy.

Hey Guys, my front brakes are screaming at me to replace them NOW!!!
I know my front rotors are toast I can feel when you feather the brakes at speed so now it's the time to replace pads and rotors. I would like to go with something nicer than stock of course. My Explorer is mainly DD with runs on the highway to go camping with my kids. So I wont be towing much weight or tracking my Explorer. I'm looking around and it seems the Explorer Express is still the only game in town who knows our Trucks. The have the Power Slot and Hawk pads. I'm looking for recommendations fro you guys as for both Rotor, pads and any other things I should be doing at this point.
Thank you in advance, this is the greatest forum out there.

brembo is an excellent stock rotor.

Back