Bridgestone Dueler AT's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bridgestone Dueler AT's

Who's running the Bridgestone Dueler AT's on their Explorer. I've pretty much got it narrowed down to these tires for mine, and would like to here any feed back from those that have them.

Thanks, Roy

I got the Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my 94 Eddie Bauer. Ride is a tad harder than stock Firestones but since my son is a Service Manager at Firestone, he says these are the best tire they carry for the Explorer. I've got about 4K miles on them now. Minimal Tire Wear. Only off road I do is to go onto the Beach at the Jersey Shore. They are fine for that (ie... havent got stuck yet). Nice extra ridging.

I have the AT's on my 91 EB. I do agree the ride is a little more rough than the stock Firestones. I have had good experiences with them in snow and mud. Very low wear on them.

Roy -

I've got the Dueler ATs (31") on my 91 with about 30k mile on them already. They are decent tires, ok in the mud and snow. If you want to go with an All Terrain tire, I'd not recommend them, go with the Pirelli Scorpion ATs, they were tested and beat out the Bridgestone Dueler ATs, BFGoodrich ATs, and Good Year Wrangler ATs for ride comfort, wet/dry traction, low noise, and the best thing is, the Scorpions are the cheapest. If you were to go with MT tires then Bridgestone just came out with the new Dueler MTs, superior to BFGoodrich MTs but not as good as the Good Year Wrangler MTs.

Good Luck shopping.
Khoa Vo
(semi-modified '91 Explorer)

Back