BROKEN CRANKSHAFT ! Anyone else ever had this happen? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BROKEN CRANKSHAFT ! Anyone else ever had this happen?

WOW!

That really stinks. Even at 99.99% Ford makes so many vehicles that there are gonna be some defects that pass through - they should take care of those few serious problems.

IMO you should escalate the issue as it is only a few thousand miles out of warrantee.

Ours broke a few days ago and my husband is going to fix it himself. He's at the point of getting the main engine bolts out and of course they are locktighted in. Tomorrow is another day.

Welcome to the site. If he gets hung up and needs some help, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure someone will be glad to help you.

I just thought I'd give an update on my crankshaft. I put about 800 miles on it so far with no problems yet. The only snag I ran into was that I bent over a pin on the PCM during re-assembly, which gave me a check engine light. Once I realized what I did and fixed it everything was ok. Good luck with your project Geoper

Back