• Register Today It's free!

bronco 2

freeridejunkie87

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 4x4
hey so ive kind of always really liked the bronco2. it has a short wheelbase 4x4 little suv.

i might want to trade my samurai for a 5spd bronco2.

i just think the samurai is too small and it doesnt do well at highways speeds so i wanted something that is still small but will do a little better for highway driving. also i would love to have 2 fords haha

samurai wheelbase is 79" and the bronco2 is 94" so i would imagine that it would be MUCH more stable at highway speeds and still be able to creep around all the places the sam could and plus it already has power steering and more powerful engine...

it would be like driving a wrangler minus the ghey part though, my buddy has one and it does ok on the highway but he has 33's and stock gears so i dont know how fast it really can go....feels comfortable though at highway speeds

would i be happy with the bronco2 as a dd?
do you guys have any serious complaints about them?
i didnt know if this was a good place to ask questions, i just want to talk about bronco 2's a little so i figured this is the perfect place

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello

I like mine. I am starting to drive it more that my stang. Its a 2.8l with an A4LD transmision. The stang goes better but the B2 is nice to have for ditch jumping.

igive

I hated my brothers bronco II. I couldnt understand why he would want a truck like that. I was always into VW water cooled cars myself, but I did have lots of 4x4 rc cars when I was little.

I wrecked my VW, and I couldnt afford to fix it.. so my dad fixed the VW and for $500 I inherited a 88 Bronco II 4x4 with a really bad miss, primer paint, and an orange interior.
I needed transportation to work, I was thankful to have a vehicle. in less then two weeks I fell in love with that truck... even with the bad miss it was the most fun vehicle to drive ever and once I went 4x4ing i was hooked!

That was 14+ years ago.. the BII was my daily driver for 13 years much of that time on 33" tires I loved it! Highway = no problem

They certainly don't ride or handle like my new F150 but I could live with one as a DD if I had to. You got to figure that 99% of the BII's were DDs when they were new :D
I had an '84 for a DD back when it was new. I loved the vehicle but not the 2.8. IMHO, I go for an '86-'90 with the 2.9.

i am pretty sure i would be happy with it.
i guess i was wondering if theres anything i should try to look for or avoid if i were to take a trade.

i absolutely LOOOOVE my explorer and a miniture version of a ploder would be awesome!

theres nothing really wrong with the samurai.... its just a little too small and the wind and bumps in the road push it around WAY too much...great trail rig but i have the ploder for wheelin, so i wanted something small that can still wheel but better for street.

but thanks for answering the highway question

watch for a drive shaft with cvc joints on it they came on broncos 2 between 85 and 87 they were know to break really easy i figured this out when i bought mine 2 months ago but if u get one dont worry you can get a custom one with u joints

If you find a BII with the urethane trans mount just know you can bolt in a 91-94 Explorer or ranger trans mount and be done with it.
The 84-86 BII had a regular driveshaft, that will bolt in as well

update:

so i found someone to trade my samurai for thier bronco2. i am pretty excited, the guy said he will bring it for me to test drive.

its an 87 with an 88 motor in it with under 50K on the motor. fresh paint and tires, everything works he says.

its an auto with 4x4.... i wanted the manual but i cant complain, it should still be fun to drive around and i could always do a 4.0/5spd combo to get some more pep out of the thing...

he says it gets a little hot when sitting still for a while, i figure its a fan clutch and an easy fix for me

im going on vacation for a week so ill find out more when i come back

Back