BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Hey guys, I just bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler AT Silent Armors (245/75/17) for my 2002 XLT 4x4. Do I need to add wheel spacers or do i need to go with some strut spacers? Is any of this even necessary for my tire size? They're 31.5". Thanks!

How are they not fitting? I have 265/75/16 on mine, and its currently sitting at stock height. The most I get is slight rub at full turn. I am not sure if my wheels helped or not, I got 16's off 4wheelparts. They definitely stick out some, but I like that :D I did not add any spacers either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you still get these? Coil spacers?

Does anyone know what kind of metal these BTF's are made of, specifically?

Just received spacers ahead of schedule! Thank you for the excellent work BTF! Their craftsmanship is exquisite! And even the packaging was perfect!

Also I noticed a paypal account is not necessary to purchase from BTF. Just signed in as a guest and was able to pay the invoice which was emailed to me.

Has anybody had any issues with getting the wheels/tires back into alignment after installing the spacers without the BTF UCAs? We put the spacers in and tomorrow the ex goes to the tire shop. It looks all jacked up right now, hoping the shop will be able to get it back into alignment. I was just wondering if anybody had any trouble after they installed the spacers. Mine are 2" front and 1.5" rear and no BTF UCAs yet.
Update
Got the new tires on and got it into alignment. It looks good, will try to get some pictures up. The UCAs are still a priority but I really want a Taurus Judge, so they may have to wait. Ball joints at least are new greaseable moogs.

could i use coil spacers off a 90 jeep xj on my 94 x ? theyre about 3" tall, also would need extensions for my shocks as i just replaced them (2 wks ago) & not ready to replace them yet

I have a question. Most people on here say they have the BTF Spacer lift and they say its a 2.25 inch lift. On the btf website however it says its 3 inch lift. Which is accurate?

I have a question. Most people on here say they have the BTF Spacer lift and they say its a 2.25 inch lift. On the btf website however it says its 3 inch lift. Which is accurate?

The actual spacer is 2.25" for the front ones. Due to the way the suspension geometry works you end up getting between 3-3.5" of lift from that size spacer. Rule of thumb...take the height of the spacer and multiply by 1.5 to get an idea of what the approximate lift height will be.

What if I wanted to get 2.5" of lift from Btf fab. I feel like 3" is a a little much for the ball joints. So could he fab a spacer that gives 2.5" of lift?

as far as I know he can do whatever your heart desires... within limits, of course...

So what would I ask for to achieve 2.25-2.5" of lift? I wanna run 3" but I like my ball joints.

So what would I ask for to achieve 2.25-2.5" of lift? I wanna run 3" but I like my ball joints.
give him a call... pretty sure he can suggest something

Do the math: 2.25" of lift / 1.5 = 1.5" tall spacer. I would do 1.5" front/1" rear. Or 1.75 front/1.25" rear at most. that would be easier on the front ball joints.

Okay thanks. I'll probably Just ask to fab a 1.75 spacer and do the front only. I wasn't planning on doing a rear spacer

about to buy the 2.25/1.75 for my 04...my UCAs are fairly new so i dont think i need to worry as of now.

for everyone that keeps stock UCAs, i hear that MOOG ball joints are a good replacement when the time comes? or do I really need to get the extended UCAs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

about to buy the 2.25/1.75 for my 04...my UCAs are fairly new so i dont think i need to worry as of now.

for everyone that keeps stock UCAs, i hear that MOOG ball joints are a good replacement when the time comes? or do I really need to get the extended UCAs?

If you want to replace ball joints frequently (or have one separate while driving) keep the stock arms. Get the BTF arms and don't worry about it.

Back